UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: afrps Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 43008  
Subject: Whats QPS? Date: 18/11/2010 19:17
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Looking at my last couple of credit card statements , and I noticed that several transactions hve now got QPS after the store Name , anyone know what QPS is?

eg SAINSBURYS SMKT QPS SCUNTHORPE GBR
WM MORRISON PLC QPS SCUNTHORPE GBR
MCDONALDS REST QPS SCUNTHORPE GBR
Print the post Back To Top
Author: stompa Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42009 of 43008
Subject: Re: Whats QPS? Date: 18/11/2010 19:34
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Maybe?

www.fool.com/investing/value/2005/03/23/better-quick-than-sm...

Stompa

Author: Mikkko Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42015 of 43008
Subject: Re: Whats QPS? Date: 20/11/2010 10:37
Yes, I spotted the first "QPS" on my Egg card. Was for a small amount - about £4.

Probably this:-

Overview
The Quick Payment Service (QPS) program is a program developed by MasterCard for facilitating payment acceptance in industry segments where the point of service is traditionally cash-based and speed is crucial to the sale. Acquirers benefit from QPS by offering merchants faster checkout lines while introducing MasterCard® card acceptance. QPS transactions occur in a face-to-face environment in which card account data is read electronically from the card. MasterCard has waived certain operating rules and regulations for participants, which allows QPS merchants to quickly process transactions under particular currency amounts without having to obtain the cardholder’s signature and providing a receipt only upon cardholder request.

http://www.mastercard.com/us/merchant/solutions/quick_pay_se...

It seems to relate to not having to get a signature for small amounts. I believe that chip/n/pin is still rare in the USA, so signature is often used.

In my case I did use the PIN, so nothing seemed different.

Regards
Mick

Author: RobinHarlow Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42072 of 43008
Subject: Re: Whats QPS? Date: 24/01/2011 19:42
Have a look at: http://www.mastercard.com/ca/merchant/en/solutions/qps.html

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread