UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: g00seman Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3883  
Subject: What happens to PB's when you die? Date: 06/01/2005 12:45
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
A colleague found some PB's in his mothers house after she passed away last year.

He contacted them and they said one of the bonds had won a prize but that they could only send the prize to the winner. As his mother has passed away is there anything he can do to claim the prize?

He said they weren`t very helpful when he got in touch to sort it out.

TIA

g00seman
Print the post Back To Top
Author: davidcragg One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1223 of 3883
Subject: Re: What happens to PB's when you die? Date: 06/01/2005 12:53
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
g00seman,

From the terms and conditions it states the following:

12. After a Bond has qualified for its first draw it will be included in each draw, unless:

(a) it has been repaid before the first day of the month for which the draw is held; or
(b) the registered holder has died more than a year before the month for which the draw is held.

18. Bonds are not transferable at any time. Following the death of a holder, the value of the Bonds will form part of the deceased holder's estate.

Hope that helps a little.

regards,
David

Author: Steffers0 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1224 of 3883
Subject: Re: What happens to PB's when you die? Date: 06/01/2005 13:37
Hi

A colleague found some PB's in his mothers house after she passed away last year.

He contacted them and they said one of the bonds had won a prize but that they could only send the prize to the winner. As his mother has passed away is there anything he can do to claim the prize?

He said they weren`t very helpful when he got in touch to sort it out.

The premium bonds can be kept in the draw for up to a year after the death. Any winnings will be paid to the person who inherited thePBs . Your friend needs to send NS&I the death certificate and, IIRC, a copy of the grant of probate. There is also ( again IIRC ) a form to be filled out. He should try ringing again and explaining the situation fully.

HTH

Steffers

Author: scribbler101 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1226 of 3883
Subject: Re: What happens to PB's when you die? Date: 06/01/2005 14:57
They WILL cancel any prize >12m after date - pinched £50 off my late mum's estate!

Whoever dealt with the estate can claim repayment and any valid prizes. They are fairly relaxed for small amounts.

S101

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread