UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: harg7769 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 24544  
Subject: What does P.I. mean? Date: 18/02/2005 17:01
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
When using the cross trainer, ski trainer, whatever you call it, it gives me a summary at the end of the session to show how many calories you have burned etc. One of the stats it provides is this P.I. and a number, but I don't know what it meana. Does anyone have any idea?

My PI is 26 if that helps.

Cheers

AH
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wittyknickers Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14507 of 24544
Subject: Re: What does P.I. mean? Date: 18/02/2005 17:43
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Personal injury, where I work ;o)

Maybe it just means the percentage liklihood you've done yourself an injury...

Can't think of anything sensible, sorry!

Wittyknickers

Author: tonyreptiles Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14508 of 24544
Subject: Re: What does P.I. mean? Date: 18/02/2005 18:03
Hi Harq

Not seen this so can't help much.
If you can tell me what brand of equipment it is I can find out though.

TR

Author: clariman Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14509 of 24544
Subject: Re: What does P.I. mean? Date: 18/02/2005 19:09
Recommendations: 1
Sounds like your gym uses the same equipment as mine. Can't remember the make off the top of my head - but they are an Italian company - just found the name - it is "Technogym". PI stands for "Performance Index" and is a guide to your fitness. I borrowed the manual from my gym and photocopied the page.

Before you get pleased or disappointed with what you score means, I find that I get very different readings on different equipment .... even though I use the same body to exercise on each of them ;o)

It is based on a heart rate monitor reading, your age etc etc.

The table in the manual shows:

Up to 10 Poor
11 to 20 Fair
21 to 30 Good
31 to 40 Very good
Over 40 Excellent

Apparently it goes up to 99, so 41 to 99 must be for Olympic athletes.

I tend to get 36 to 38 on the stepper, twenty-something on the cross-trainer and about 20 on the treadmill.

HTH
Clariman

Author: harg7769 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14510 of 24544
Subject: Re: What does P.I. mean? Date: 18/02/2005 20:50
That's it Clariman, Technogym. Thank you.

I had an idea it might be something like that but as you say if you don't have the book then it doesn't really mean much. I can tell myself how fit I am compared with when I joined the gym anyway byt eh length of time I spend on this machine. when I started in November, I was lasting about 10 mibnutes at level 8, now it's an hour at level 12. That tells me all I need to know.

Author: Morgraine Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 14518 of 24544
Subject: Re: What does P.I. mean? Date: 19/02/2005 20:40
Aaargh!! Mine is Technogym too. I usually get a 9 and thought they were scoring me out of 10!!!

Thank you Clariman, for ruining my self esteem :)
"Poor" Morgraine
(Oh well, at least I've got something concrete to aim for now)

Author: bizzknock Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 21674 of 24544
Subject: Re: What does P.I. mean? Date: 13/02/2010 03:59
p. i. means your performance intensity. i found this out by emailing the manufacturer of a treadmill company. they sent me chart with the scores for levels of intensity, 10 - poor; 15 - fair; 20 - good, etc.

Author: NEILHARR Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 22650 of 24544
Subject: Re: What does P.I. mean? Date: 08/02/2011 14:50
MINE WAS 48 BASIS INTERVALS WHICH WERE PERFORMED LEVEL 14 X 4MINS AT 90 REVS X 7 WITH 2.5 MINS REST INBETWEEN SO LOT OF RESTING AND INCLUDED A WARM-UP. THE LEVEL YOU ARE USING IS ONLY HALF THE STORY. THE RPM IS ALSO IMPORTANT BUT AVERAGE WATTS IS GOOD INDICATOR OF YOUR OVERALL FITNESS.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread