UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Pinchthepennies Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 87  
Subject: Watchlist Date: 05/11/2012 03:46
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi All,,

I've just read up on the series, having missed quite a few posts due to real life going-on's, and have a question about watchlists:

New watch list additions

... but I'm going to build the watch list the way I did my very first one in real life -- by adding companies that look interesting even if I might not keep them for long, and then when the list starts to get a bit too cumbersome, compare the entries more critically and prune it. It's the way I'd recommend a beginner go about it., Posted 27.09.2012

Alan (and everyone else),
I would like to know your criteria for "companies that look interesting" as well as your criteria going forward "...compare the entries more critically and prune it...".

Looking at the list I can see you're listing market cap, share price, forward p/e and forward dividend as headers in your watchlist but I'd like to know the underlying targets/limits/thoughts etc. For instance: which range of forward p/e would you consider buying in, do you have a lower limit for market cap, do you have different limits for shares in FTSE100 and FTSE250, etc. etc. ...

And I appreciate everyone else's comments - thanks for taking the time to post!

Regards, Pinch
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFBoing Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10 of 87
Subject: Re: Watchlist Date: 07/11/2012 22:17
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi Pinch,

Those are great questions, but I'll hold off answering for now...

The reason is that I've just finished writing a Watchlist update to be published tomorrow - it doesn't address your questions, but it does add two new shares to the list.

In fact, before it's published, I'll add a link to this thread and invite readers to offer their thoughts - I'd like to leave it to others to comment before I try to answer.

(I also have another article in mind, to examine some similar questions to yours, and that might go up next week).

Foolish best,
Alan
TMFBoing
Fool UK Community

Author: chubbybrown Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 11 of 87
Subject: Re: Watchlist Date: 08/11/2012 11:26
Recommendations: 0
I'm.quite new to buying and I'm surprised you don't have more support and replies via the forums.
Chubbz

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread