UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: Fangorn22 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 16711  
Subject: Vodafone CEO attacks regulators.. Date: 29/02/2012 09:32
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Vodafone was in head-on conflict with the European Commission yesterday after warning that mobile companies would slash investment in new networks if regulators did not ease up on prices.

The threat prompted the Commission's vice-president to declare:
"I call your bluff - I am on the side of the customer."

Vittorio Colao, the Vodafone chief executive, used his keynote speech at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona to attack regulators who have forced down international roaming rates and wholesale interconnection rates at a time when telecoms companies were struggling. "We should stop having this continuous intervention on prices and let the industry reinvest the money," he said, The Times reports.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Free Investing Reports
Download these free Motley Fool reports today.
Information on the 'Heartbleed' bug
So what is 'Heartbleed'? And what should you do?