UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Rapier686 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 215509  
Subject: Video playback with field advance Date: 17/11/2008 09:58
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
As many will know much video is interlaced. This is where an overall frame rate of 25fps (ie a new frame every 40ms) is achieved by having subframes (fields in MPEG terminology) every 20ms, one containing the odd lines, the other the even lines of the whole frame.

Having just bought a camcorder, I want to be able to single step through each of the fields, so I'm viewing a sequence of pictures with 20ms time resolution but half the vertical resolution.

Unfortunately I can't find video playing software that'll allow me to slow step through the video like this. All I've tried only allow me to step through FRAMES, not FIELDS. And with motion in the picture, individual frames are something of a mess with alternate lines being taken from images 20ms apart.

Does anyone know of video player software that'll allow one to advance through the fields of an interlaced video file, rather than the frames?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

HwtBC - the best bits
Anti-Virus FAQ - Read this info-packed guide to protecting your PC
Favourite Programs? - tell your fellow Fools about yours!
Flustered by Firewalls? - Read this info-packed guide to protecting your PC.
Buying a New Computer? - Take a look at this comprehensive guide.
Where can I find...? - A list of useful computer related links.
How to Ask A Question - A detailed guide from Microsoft. Plus some advice from Nybbler on how to help your helpers
Apple Mac Users
Your very own board.
Information on the 'Heartbleed' bug
So what is 'Heartbleed'? And what should you do?