UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: clariman Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 391432  
Subject: Transfer contacts from Samsung Bada to iPhone 5 Date: 27/12/2012 17:09
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DAK how you can transfer contacts from a Samsung Wave (which uses the bada operating system) to an iPhone 5? They use different size SIM cards so that isn't possible. I have found some info online about using a Gmail account as an intermediary which might be a solution.

If my question is too specific, I would also appreciate any general info about how to import from a PC file into an iPhone 5, because I am sure I can get the data off the Samsung in some way.

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Staffordian Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 363817 of 391432
Subject: Re: Transfer contacts from Samsung Bada to iPhon Date: 27/12/2012 18:58
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Hi Clariman,

You probably know this, but Samsung have two program's for PCs, Samsung Studio and Kies. Not sure which is best for Bada phones, but one or other will enable you to copy the contacts from the phone to your PC. Hopefully someone else can give some advice regarding getting them to the iPhone. All I could suggest for this would be to see if iCloud could somehow accept an imported file from your PC. It should then be possible to sync this to your iPhone.

HTH

Staffordian

Author: clariman Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 363826 of 391432
Subject: Re: Transfer contacts from Samsung Bada to iPhon Date: 28/12/2012 01:07
I found a solution - a little clunky but did the job. I used the Samsung Kies PC software to view the phone's contact list and to save it on the PC as a series of VCFs. Th iPhone 5 can import VCFs attached to emails, so I emailed myself all the VCFs and opened them on on the iPhone and saved them one by one. Although it took about 20 to 30 minutes, it was a lot quicker than typing them all in from scratch.

I had tried to synch via a Gmail account but the Samsung/Gmail sync only seemed to go one way (a contact created in Gmail made its way on to the phone but not vice versa).

Author: anthonybrady Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 382487 of 391432
Subject: Re: Transfer contacts from Samsung Bada to iPhon Date: 20/02/2014 07:37
You can try Samsung to iPhone Transfer. It can switch data like contacts, messages, music, photos, video, etc. from one phone to another in a second. You are required to connect two phones to you computer and transfer.
Info about the Transfer:
http://www.android-recovery.net/transfer-samsung-contacts-to...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread