UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Slarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 54253  
Subject: Re: Ford Sierra 2.0 GLX Date: 18/03/2012 19:49
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The taxis argument has never really worked for me - but then, that's because I live out in the rural sticks where a taxi ride to the nearest big town costs £25 return and even the local high street would leave you £15 poorer. Do that three times a week, and the maths of running a car start to look more attractive. <i/>

I suppose it does depend on where you live, and your travel patterns.

I am looking at £5.00 to the high street, but that would be offset by the savings in car parking and car running. And even more so by the ability to take advantage of the pubs. But 3 times a week into town? whatever for?

The nearest big town would be nearer to £20 each way, but then I only go there twice a year on average.

Slarti
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Hypermiling & Eco-driving
A companion board to this one, for people interested in discussing fuel economy-maximizing behaviours.
Free Investing Reports
Download these free Motley Fool reports today.
Information on the 'Heartbleed' bug
So what is 'Heartbleed'? And what should you do?