UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DeniseTheMenace One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 318371  
Subject: The new UK property industry - soon to RIP Date: 09/01/2008 23:28
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 30
A checklist for anyone keen on UK property, listing of just a small fraction of the “new UK property industry” who’ll be watching the news tickers at high noon tomorrow. These are in the main businesses that are attempting to continue to ride the 10-year bull market, many of which are in danger of imminently falling off. All want a cut, one way or another, from tour hard earned money, whether as fees, commissions, discount, advertising, seminars, “knowledge” or other expense, all of which eventually has to be funded by either buyer or seller. The traditional players in the market, ie banks, building societies, surveyors, estate agents, and other mainstream recognised industry bodies are generally excluded from the list.

Some listed below will want a cut in the rate, others will want a hold, thereby continuing the mortgage payment problems that many are currently experiencing. Most will be scribbling and uploading their individual pearls of property wisdom by late afternoon, ready to impart their latest Vested Interested views on a public who for years now have been punch drunk on the endless torrent of daily property “news”. Much of what will be written will be quickly consigned to cyberspace history, out-of-date and replaced by the next days’ offerings. All of it will have zero effect on the market dynamics, as they are set by much bigger factors than a badly written website puff-piece masquerading as insightful knowledge.

One day, hopefully in the not too far off future, 99% of these johnny-come-lately” type of players will have quietly closed down their operation, just like the dot-coms did almost a decade ago, leaving in their wake just the 1% or so that that might arguably be regarded as providing a useful service to the public. We can then look forward to reading online news media and searching with Google etc, safe in the knowledge these and similar outfits like them are no longer spreading like a property cancer throughout our daily lives.



1stpropertyinvestment.com
7dayexchange.com
85percent.co.uk
a-faster-sale.co.uk
aboutproperty.co.uk
armchairpropertyinvestor.com
assetz.co.uk
auctionpropertyforsale.co.uk
buyingfirsttime.co.uk
buyingyourfirsthome.co.uk
buyproperty4less.com
cashforyourhome.co.uk
cashvalueforyourhouse.com
cheapinvestmentproperty.co.uk
estatematcher.co.uk
fasttrackproperty.com
findaproperty.com
firstmortgage.co.uk
firstrung.co.uk
firstrungnow.com
freedomproperty.co.uk
ifaonline.co.uk
homebuyingnetwork.co.uk
homemove.co.uk
homesandproperty.co.uk
homesonsale.co.uk
hotproperty.co.uk
housefund.co.uk
housemouseuk.com
incitopropertyinvestment.com
insidetrack.co.uk
instantaccessproperties.ue.com
instantangels.com
interproperty.net
investalist.co.uk
investmentpropertysales.co.uk
ipmproperty.com
itlhomesearch.com
landlordzone.co.uk
look4aproperty.com
magnoliaproperties.co.uk
mfgonline.co.uk
mortgagebug.co.uk
mortgageintroducer.com
mouseprice.com
movingsoon.co.uk
mypropertyforsale.co.uk
nationalhomebuyers.co.uk
nationalpropertyinvestors.com
netwovers.net
nowfirsttimebuyer.com
nubricks.com
off-plan.co.uk
paragon.co.uk
propertyauctions.com
propertyauctionzone.com
propertybroker.com
propertyexecutive.co.uk
propertyfinder.com
property-go.uk
propertyinvesting.net
propertyinvesting.co.uk
propertyinvestment.co.uk
propertyinvestmentmagazine.com
propertyinvestmentsecrets.co.uk
propertylocatorsclub.co.uk
propertymarket.co.uk
property-match.co.uk
propertymentor.co.uk
propertynews.com
propertypriceadvice.co.uk
propertyprospects.co.uk
propertyrichesformula.com
propertysecrets.net
propertyspy.com
propertytoday.com
propertyweek.com
quickmovenow.com
rapidpropertybuyers.biz
repaymortgage.co.uk
repossedhousesforsale.co.uk
repossion-stopper.co.uk
repossesionangels.com
residentiallandlord.co.uk
sayno2repossession.co.uk
sell-quick.co.uk
smartermoney.com
sureoffer.com
themovechannel.com
thepropertyjungle.com
thinkproperty.com
ukpropertyportal.co.uk
ukpropertyshop.co.uk
urbaninvestor.net
yourpropertyclub.com

etc, etc, etc…………..
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (16) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Which Fool Service Is Right For Me?
A guide to our three investing newsletter services here at The Motley Fool.
Practical Property Investing
We have another board on which to discuss the practical details of investing in property.
Sources of property data
A long useful post with lots of links to useful PMT data.
Investing in Overseas Property
See this board for discussion regarding overseas property investing.