No. of Recommendations: 1
SKOTCH

Happy delayed birthday!

I was really pleasantly surprised to see Absolution from Abbeydale on tap - one of my all time favourite tipples which I thoroughly recommend to the readers here. Oh, and Deceptions is pretty good too!

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/home/beers/regulars/

I've been banging away on here about Abbeydale so good to see someone else can agree with me. Absolution is a lovely drink but at 5.3%, too strong for a session. In its malty flavour I have always thought it similar to Kelham's Pale Rider, but Absolution has had little recognition outside the local area.

Deception is an excellent session pale ale. It is in fact, very pale and looks like lager but has a hoppy and fruity taste and slips down far too easily. It is similar to the more widely available 'Moonshine' although the latter probably has more distinctive grapefruit flavour and can be a bit Marmite with some people.

No pub tonight as we have visitors this weekend and Mrs CB has a long list of things for me to do. Obviously as master of my own house I could refuse but discretion is the better part of valour. Once completed I will be allowed a bottle or two and undoubtedly will make up for it tomorrow.

Happy drinking to all.

CB
Print the post  

Announcements

Closure of the UK Discussion Boards
The UK Discussion Boards are now closed to new posts.