UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: BumpyBecky Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 59050  
Subject: problems with cake cases Date: 01/06/2010 08:43
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I made some buns last night for DH to take to work for his birthday today. Yet again I've had problems with the cake cases coming away from the cake :( they look as though the children have been trying to pinch the buns!

They were fine last night when they went into the boxes (they were cooled and iced before this). There were two different sets of cakes, one chocolate, one coffee, both slightly different recipes.

DAK why the cases lift off? what can I do to stop them doing this?

thanks in advance
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Madhatter101 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47286 of 59050
Subject: Re: problems with cake cases Date: 01/06/2010 11:03
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2

DAK why the cases lift off? what can I do to stop them doing this?

Stuffed if I know, I have never seen this happen, indeed when using the standard paper cake cases I always end up scraping the sods with a blunt knife to extract the last crumbs!

Given that they were still OK after cooling, and you had used different types of cake, I wonder if the common factor is the cases themselves. Is it possible that they are made from some non-stick silicone stuff like baking parchment rather than the more usual and cheaper greaseproof?

Author: BumpyBecky Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 47292 of 59050
Subject: Re: problems with cake cases Date: 01/06/2010 14:40
Recommendations: 1
they're supercook (possibly now dr oetker?) cases, standard size (not muffin) normal papery ones

cakes all taste fine, just don't look as nice as they could, which doesn't seem to be a problem for us at home, but bit disappointing to send to work!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread