UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: soul2 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 77087  
Subject: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Control. Date: 18/01/2009 11:14
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
....I dropped a lamp which smashed the above control.
a/ Where could I purchase a replacement? (tried B&Q but they do not stock as central heating system is 30 years old)
b/ If I get a unit could I fit it myself? There are four wires still on the wall re part of unit left on wall. (from the left-green/yellow neutral, brown live, on the right brown-on?, brown ? with two spaces in the middle). I assume I would have to turn off power supply?
c/ B&Q say they have another unit-Drayton but this would require wiring?

..thanks soul2
Print the post Back To Top
Author: MasterOfTheRoles Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56377 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 18/01/2009 11:30
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I don't know about this particular unit, but most central heating controllers have a standard back-plate fitting; in other words, you could buy a new controller, even one of a different make, and it would fit onto the existing back plate with no wiring or other modification required.

Author: Mike4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56380 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 18/01/2009 12:40
Recommendations: 1
I don't know about this particular unit, but most central heating controllers have a standard back-plate fitting; in other words, you could buy a new controller, even one of a different make, and it would fit onto the existing back plate with no wiring or other modification required.

MoTR is quite right. In fact the Potterton Mini-Minder was such a universally popular programmer that it's unique backplate was copied by many other makers and became what MoTR describes as the 'standard backplate'.

Most programmers now use the Mini-Minder 'industry standard backplate', so any programmer that has a wiring backplate that looks like yours, WILL fit and need no wiring changes. The only problem is that many new programmers are slightly larger than the old Mini-Minder and need an extra centimetre or two space around the backplate. If yours has for example an isolator switch hard up against it as many do, you could still be in difficulty. The Danfoss CP715 will usually fit in these circumstances.

Cheers!
M4

Author: soul2 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56382 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 18/01/2009 13:28
...Thanks for the replies.....Mike4 do you know where I could get the Danfoss CP715?...I have looked on B&Q to no avail...thanks again soul2

Author: MrSomeoneElse Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56390 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 18/01/2009 15:40
...do you know where I could get the Danfoss CP715?
This web page claims to know
http://randall.danfoss.com/xxMapxx/5.html

Author: Mike4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56397 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 18/01/2009 18:42
Recommendations: 13
...Thanks for the replies.....Mike4 do you know where I could get the Danfoss CP715?...I have looked on B&Q to no avail...thanks again soul2

I have several of them lying around.... new ones taken from controls packs but never used. (I buy the controls packs for the components to repair heating systems but fewer programmers fail than the other parts.)

PM me your address and I'll send you one in a Jiffy bag. If it works, then make a charity donation of whatever you think it's worth to the British Legion.

Cheers!
M4

Author: soul2 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56423 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 20/01/2009 12:24
...To Mike...I have received the unit thank v much. It does not appear to work at present. The old wiring unit on the wall is from left to right N (green yellow wire),L(brown) 1 (no wire), 2 (no wire), 3 (brown wire), 4 (brown wire).This is the same sequence as the new unit. In the wiring Conversions section of the Instruction manual it says for the Potterton EP 2000,EP 3000 that this conversion applies only if....."Programme selectors UNLINKED"..what does this mean?...It also show an additional wire 5 (live) which is not there?.It also states.."An additional terminal block may be required where these disconnected leads (or pairs) should be terminated A,B,C,D.? ......thanks soul2 (nb The Boiler I have is a Potterton Tattler rs 46, with a Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Control)

Author: Hamptonian2 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59756 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 25/09/2009 00:18
I have just come across your response to the enquiry about the Danfoss CP715 timer to replace the Miniminder. I am also needing to replace mine. Do you still have any of these lying around and, if so, would you be prepared to extend the offer to me? I'd be most grateful and would certainly make the suggested donation to the British Legion.

Author: jackson12345 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 70298 of 77087
Subject: Re: Potterton Mini-Minder Wall Mounted Time Cont Date: 30/03/2012 18:12
Dear Mike

I came across this and wondered if by any chance you still have any of the Danfoss CP715 programmers available, if you do I would be really grateful if you would be willing to send us one, we will give you something for it of course.

Many thanks
Jackson

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (9) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread