No. of Recommendations: 3
Now I've sobered up a bit more info on the respective beers...

Rebel Yell (5%) from the Leighton Buzzard Brewery

This was my first half of the net. It was from the wood and turned out to be an excellent starting choice. Brewery website description A black IPA offering that fantastic juxtaposition between the initial smooth richness of the malt quickly followed by the sharp dry hops. Brewed using five different malts and four different hops.. Not sure about the style description. In the festival list it didn't call it an IPA and I didn't recognise it as one until I read it tonight. It was darkish I remember that. Nicely balanced, certainly smooth malt flavour with some pleasant hoppiness coming through. A very modern beer I guess but an excellent one.

Soundwave (5.6%) from the Siren Craft Brewery in Berkshire

I had this mid-evening when doing a mini IPA taste test. It was a wonderful rendition. From the brewery website A 5.6% west coast IPA: golden, immensely hoppy and alive with grapefruit, peach and mango flavours. Soundwave carries her drinker to the west coast, to the golden shores of California where craft ale is nectar. She is the driest of Siren’s ales – full with flavour but subtle with bitterness. Her resinous finish will pull you off balance. Bit OTT to that but a cracking beer and well worth trying should you come across it.

Death or Glory (7.2%) from the Tring Brewery

This beer has been around a while (1994) and was 3rd in the CAMRA's 2016 CBOB. A sumptuous barley wine that is a must try. From the brewery website Don’t be fooled by the strength, this is one easy drinking beer. A rich, sweet barley wine with a heady, alcoholic nose and incredibly complex flavour profile. It really is a cracking beer. But be careful you don't overdo it!

Other beers I tried - Irving and Co. Iron Duke IPA, Hornes Triple Goat Porter, Vodou (Haitian themed smoky muddy beer!!!), Balnamoon Maltings Stout, Windswept Weizen. All decent enough but didn't make the top three.

GO
Print the post  

Announcements

Closure of the UK Discussion Boards
The UK Discussion Boards are now closed to new posts.