UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PeterBill Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 392907  
Subject: NHS Car Leasing Scheme Date: 11/01/2009 21:24
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
My partner's car has to be renewed and we are stuck for choice.

The base car for her job in the NHS is a Vauxhall Corsa, but that is a little too small.

She looking for something a little bigger, similar to a Vauxhall Astra, 1400cc engine, 4 doors, big enough for the grandchildren, pushchairs, etc. Low CO2 emissions are important too.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
PB
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Swill453 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275295 of 392907
Subject: Re: NHS Car Leasing Scheme Date: 11/01/2009 21:35
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
The base car for her job in the NHS is a Vauxhall Corsa, but that is a little too small.

She looking for something a little bigger, similar to a Vauxhall Astra, 1400cc engine, 4 doors, big enough for the grandchildren, pushchairs, etc. Low CO2 emissions are important too.

I take it you're aware the latest Corsa is bigger than the previous one, and is probably as big as the Astra was, one or two generations ago?

Supposed to be an "Ecoflex" diesel model coming out soon with v. low emissions.

Scott.

Author: Satsumaa Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275296 of 392907
Subject: Re: NHS Car Leasing Scheme Date: 11/01/2009 21:37
Erm, how about "a Vauxhall Astra, 1400cc engine, 4 doors"?
Not sure the question is clear.

Does your OH have a limited choice of models, a budget, does someone else have to ok it? Why can't she lease an Astra if that is what she wants?

Author: PeterBill Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275298 of 392907
Subject: Re: NHS Car Leasing Scheme Date: 11/01/2009 21:56
Thanks for the replies.

Why can't she lease an Astra if that is what she wants?

I'm helping her with the NHS car leasing form, she has to give three choices, and one will be the Astra.

We have to make a couple more choices so wondered if any fellow fools have any ideas.

Author: RedSturgeon Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275308 of 392907
Subject: Re: NHS Car Leasing Scheme Date: 12/01/2009 07:40
Recommendations: 2
Similer cars would be:

Ford Focus
Honda Civic
Toyota Auris
VW Golf

John

Author: RodX Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275310 of 392907
Subject: Re: NHS Car Leasing Scheme Date: 12/01/2009 08:40
Recommendations: 1
Apparently, the Honda Jazz is very popular with district nurses, if a little expensive. We have the old model (there is a newer, slightly bigger one just out). It is very compact but internally it is a similar size to the Astra, Golf etc.

What Car has a car comparison guide which should allow for easy comparison of dimensions, costs etc:

http://www.whatcar.co.uk/car-comparison.aspx

Author: sarahbontour Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 275458 of 392907
Subject: Re: NHS Car Leasing Scheme Date: 13/01/2009 21:33
I have an Eco Flex at the moment via work and it works out to be very tax efficient and I generally get about 600 miles to the tank (£40 to fill).

My employer has recently won an award for changing the fleet over to the Eco Flex and as far as I recall it is one of the lowest emission cars on the market although I am not an expert.

I'm very happy with it although I have been driving a 21 year old Polo for the last year so even heating was a novelty.

It easily takes all my junk although I can't comment on pushchairs and the like.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread