UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: clariman Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 393702  
Subject: National Mileage Register - HPI Ltd Date: 08/06/2013 18:35
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
We sold a car to a reputable dealership 2 years ago (a trade in). We have just received a letter from the "National Mileage Register" which is operated by HPI Ltd asking us to log in and answer questions on the vehicle and its mileage. The website says that there may be 16 questions.

Given that this is a private company that sells this data, I have no inclination help them have more data that they can sell. Besides when we traded in the vehicle all appropriate forms with accurate mileage were filled in, so I can't see what additional information they want to find - unless it is marketing info about us.

Any thoughts?

C
Print the post Back To Top
Author: deucetoace Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 371367 of 393702
Subject: Re: National Mileage Register - HPI Ltd Date: 08/06/2013 18:43
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 4
If they have an email address it might be worth an email asking them how much they pay for this information - otherwise I think I'd have better things to do.

Author: martint123 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 371371 of 393702
Subject: Re: National Mileage Register - HPI Ltd Date: 08/06/2013 20:46
Recommendations: 1
My feelings exactly when I had similar. They charge far too much for their enquiries and do their utmost to wriggle out of their guarantee.

Author: SlugPizza Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 371374 of 393702
Subject: Re: National Mileage Register - HPI Ltd Date: 09/06/2013 02:22
Recommendations: 6
> Any thoughts?

Increasingly with organisations that are sitting smug on the profits of other people's data whether mined or otherwise gathered I feel that offering them the opportunity to earn their money by providing bad data to sift out is a public duty.

I feel the same about the Prism project, let them drown in bad data.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread