UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Sunnypad Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 3155  
Subject: Re: The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters Date: 15/04/2012 21:19
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
midnightcatprowl The author is remarkably good at giving the feel of the particular time in which the book is set. Shortly before I was born but the same feel was still there in the 50s of my childhood. An era which I hated by the way so nothing to do with my enjoyment of the book I'm just admiring how right the author got it

That's interesting, because I love the sense of place, so it's nice to have it confirmed in terms of accuracy.

If you've read 78% of the book, you will have read most of the scary stuff that I enjoyed so much....I'd be interested to know what you thought of it, but I wonder if you have reached the part that freaked me out the most.

I haven't been on this board before so I don't know what the rules are to ensure no spoilers - I presume we just wait till everyone/most people report back and says "I've read it all?"

I'm probably about 70% through and already really looking forward to finishing it over tomorrow night and Tuesday night.

Something else that's occurred to me - I actually didn't get particularly attached to any of the characters, and normally for me that's a problem. But perhaps in this case, I am just really attached to Hundreds?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Book Club FAQ
Updated on 6 July 2004.