No. of Recommendations: 0
All this talk of nursery food got me thinking of a kids cookery book we had when we were younger and used to make sunday tea treats from. It was a large hardback format and had cartoon like illustration of a mad cat and dog - I think it might have been a Hamlyn but not sure - would have been 70's ish - ring any bells with anyone - I would like to hunt it out again ...
Rachel
Print the post Back To Top
I can't rememeber the name, but I can prove you've not gone mad as I had it too. It had a recipe for Croque Monsieur in it which I though sounded awfully exotic...............and very good biscuits as well!

5C
All this talk of nursery food got me thinking of a kids cookery book we had when we were younger and used to make sunday tea treats from. It was a large hardback format and had cartoon like illustration of a mad cat and dog - I think it might have been a Hamlyn but not sure - would have been 70's ish - ring any bells with anyone - I would like to hunt it out again ...

I think I've got this book - it was a Xmas pressie mid-70s - trouble is if I've still got it it's stuck away in a box in the attic.

cavebat
yep I had it too seem to remember a recipe for apple snow.
there were two My Learn To Cook Book
and My Fun To Cook Book

Written by Ursula sedgewick illustrated by Martin Mayhew

Published by Hamlyn
It's called Fun to Cook or something like that Rachel - I bought it for my oldest in the early 80s and my second child (now 22) still gets it out for the cake recipes every time she comes home from college!
Brilliant Guys - Thankyou so much - I remember the Ursula name (I remember thinking poor cow!)now - off to hunt it down!!!

Rachel