UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TheCurryMonster Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 392710  
Subject: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 10/05/2012 16:18
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
DAK what the daily cash withdrawal limit is for taking cash from the ATM?

If it makes any difference, it is a 'Classic Plus' account. I can't find the info anywhere on their site and google gives any number of answers ranging from £200 to £500.

Also, is it any different if I use a Lloyds machine or some other ATM?

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Melonfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352577 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 10/05/2012 16:25
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Also, is it any different if I use a Lloyds machine or some other ATM?

I think it is set per ATM, *and* per bank.

So, your bank will have a daily limit which they should be able to tell you, but the ATM will also have a limit.

I think....

Most I have ever taken was £400.

Mel

Author: TheCurryMonster Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352582 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 10/05/2012 19:12
Just to update:

I tried to take £500 from the RBS machine at my local Tesco and it was refused (by my bank), so it's definitely less than £500 (there is enough in the account to cover this).
I then tried £300 and that worked no problem.

So the answer is somewhere between £300 and £500...

Author: XMFLostInThought Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352585 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 10/05/2012 19:40
For most bank accounts, the maximum daily ATM withdrawal limit is £300. Some customers will have a lower limit- usually those who opened the account under 18, but they can usually have it lifted to £300 quite easily.

Most banks will allow wealthier customers (e.g. private banking) to have a limit of £500.

Lost

Author: Slarti Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352586 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 10/05/2012 20:01
For most bank accounts, the maximum daily ATM withdrawal limit is £300. Some customers will have a lower limit- usually those who opened the account under 18, but they can usually have it lifted to £300 quite easily.

But be aware that many foreign machines have a limit of 200 local.

I have hit this in Spain, Germany, Portugal, Canada and the USA.

And they don't always say why your transaction failed!

Slarti

Author: TheCurryMonster Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352588 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 10/05/2012 21:39
Well I need to get more cash tomorrow so I'll see if it lets me take £400 out!.

I need to get a couple of grand out in total before the middle of next week and for one reason or another it's going to be tricky to actually get into a branch. At £300 a day, I should be OK using ATMs but it's a bit of a pain though...

Author: TheWeeMan Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352593 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 11/05/2012 05:08
Years ago when I had a TSB a/c they had a 500 limit per day, but IIRC a 250 limit per transaction so you had to try twice if you wanted the full amount.

I'm sure my FD a/c now has a 500 limit. I always assumed if I ever wanted to draw that much it was a two transaction thing because of the TSB thing.

Author: 0lbia Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352595 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 11/05/2012 07:29
I need to get a couple of grand out in total before the middle of next week

My cards (all French, so perhaps a different system) all have not only a daily limit, but also a weekly limit that is less than 7 times the daily limit.

Are you sure there is no weekly limit on your card?

Depending on how important it is, and how difficult it is to get to a bank, you might want to have a plan B.

Olbia

Author: Melonfool Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352614 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 11/05/2012 15:35
But be aware that many foreign machines have a limit of 200 local.

I have hit this in Spain, Germany, Portugal, Canada and the USA.

And they don't always say why your transaction failed!

I had that in France, bit of a stomach churner. Especially when it said "funds not available" - which was not the reason, the reason was that I had gone over their limit, but I was not prepared to test this by keep trying and get my card taken (which happened in Austria the year before when I forgot my PIN).

Luckily I guessed this was the reason and used a different account, and luckily in case of any ATM problems (remembering Austria) I had loaded both accounts up front with enough money for the holiday.

Mel

Author: tonyduck Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352632 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 11/05/2012 18:51
My receipts show how much more I can draw on that day. What counts as a day and when a day starts is also something to consider especially as you have a weekend involved. I don't think that being at an ATM across midnight works. Anyhow, surely this unusual activity will make your bank block the later transactions?......

Author: TheCurryMonster Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 352641 of 392710
Subject: Re: Lloyds daily cash limit Date: 11/05/2012 20:43
Another update from me...

Tried to take out 400 quid tonight and got refused again. £300 was no problem, so I think the limit is either £300 or £350.
I'll have a go at £350 tomorrow if the machine doesn't eat my card...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (11) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread