No. of Recommendations: 1
DAK what the daily cash withdrawal limit is for taking cash from the ATM?

If it makes any difference, it is a 'Classic Plus' account. I can't find the info anywhere on their site and google gives any number of answers ranging from £200 to £500.

Also, is it any different if I use a Lloyds machine or some other ATM?

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Also, is it any different if I use a Lloyds machine or some other ATM?

I think it is set per ATM, *and* per bank.

So, your bank will have a daily limit which they should be able to tell you, but the ATM will also have a limit.

I think....

Most I have ever taken was £400.

Mel
Just to update:

I tried to take £500 from the RBS machine at my local Tesco and it was refused (by my bank), so it's definitely less than £500 (there is enough in the account to cover this).
I then tried £300 and that worked no problem.

So the answer is somewhere between £300 and £500...
For most bank accounts, the maximum daily ATM withdrawal limit is £300. Some customers will have a lower limit- usually those who opened the account under 18, but they can usually have it lifted to £300 quite easily.

Most banks will allow wealthier customers (e.g. private banking) to have a limit of £500.

Lost
For most bank accounts, the maximum daily ATM withdrawal limit is £300. Some customers will have a lower limit- usually those who opened the account under 18, but they can usually have it lifted to £300 quite easily.

But be aware that many foreign machines have a limit of 200 local.

I have hit this in Spain, Germany, Portugal, Canada and the USA.

And they don't always say why your transaction failed!

Slarti
Well I need to get more cash tomorrow so I'll see if it lets me take £400 out!.

I need to get a couple of grand out in total before the middle of next week and for one reason or another it's going to be tricky to actually get into a branch. At £300 a day, I should be OK using ATMs but it's a bit of a pain though...
Years ago when I had a TSB a/c they had a 500 limit per day, but IIRC a 250 limit per transaction so you had to try twice if you wanted the full amount.

I'm sure my FD a/c now has a 500 limit. I always assumed if I ever wanted to draw that much it was a two transaction thing because of the TSB thing.
I need to get a couple of grand out in total before the middle of next week

My cards (all French, so perhaps a different system) all have not only a daily limit, but also a weekly limit that is less than 7 times the daily limit.

Are you sure there is no weekly limit on your card?

Depending on how important it is, and how difficult it is to get to a bank, you might want to have a plan B.

Olbia
But be aware that many foreign machines have a limit of 200 local.

I have hit this in Spain, Germany, Portugal, Canada and the USA.

And they don't always say why your transaction failed!

I had that in France, bit of a stomach churner. Especially when it said "funds not available" - which was not the reason, the reason was that I had gone over their limit, but I was not prepared to test this by keep trying and get my card taken (which happened in Austria the year before when I forgot my PIN).

Luckily I guessed this was the reason and used a different account, and luckily in case of any ATM problems (remembering Austria) I had loaded both accounts up front with enough money for the holiday.

Mel
My receipts show how much more I can draw on that day. What counts as a day and when a day starts is also something to consider especially as you have a weekend involved. I don't think that being at an ATM across midnight works. Anyhow, surely this unusual activity will make your bank block the later transactions?......
Another update from me...

Tried to take out 400 quid tonight and got refused again. £300 was no problem, so I think the limit is either £300 or £350.
I'll have a go at £350 tomorrow if the machine doesn't eat my card...