UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: skibum104 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 311166  
Subject: I've read some mad stuff before but.. Date: 05/03/2009 14:15
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 199
..Richguynot's comment: "my mortgage rate is now 1.5% Hooray!" and some of the subsequent posting has to be some of the craziest. (Nothing personal intended btw)

We have all time interest rate lows, the economy is on it's knees and sinking, savers are getting screwed, we are embarking upon untested and dangerous fiscal experiments, we are attempting to overcome an issue of massive overleveraging by borrowing more money etc

And people think's it's great because their mortgages have gone down.

It is exactly this myopic, short termist obsession with housing that got us into this mess and yet some people are still celebrating.

FWIW I should be celebrating too as my mortgage is 0.68%, but I'm not. There's bigger stuff out there and I'd far rather be paying 5% on my mortgage in a properly managed economy.

All IMHO.

Ski
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (25) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Free Investing Reports
Download these free Motley Fool reports today.
Practical Property Investing
We have another board on which to discuss the practical details of investing in property.
Sources of property Data
A long useful post with lots of links to useful PMT data.
Investing in Overseas Property
See this board for discussion regarding overseas property investing.