UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: IanWendy One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2852  
Subject: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 07/02/2000 18:42
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I have recently bought a second hand Swan slowcooker. Quite old I'd say (it has the slightly naff harvest pattern on each side) but it excellent nick (the liner dish is fine).

It is the model with 3 settings, low, high & auto. It was a good price at £15 (new ones with these 3 settings were £35 in our neck of the woods).

The one problem is that it didn't have an instruction book. Since I bought it from 'Sellit & Soon' (real name - you know, one of those sell items for a cut of the takings type junk shops) the bloke doing the selling knew nothing about the crockpot itself.

It works beautifully and I've found some good (but universally American) web sites with recipes so no problem there.

So - the question, does anyone know how I can find a copy of the instructions for this machine, or at least how I can find out what the auto setting does & how to use it.

Wendy

PS - I recommend these, done various meals over the 2 weeks with it, the chicken pieces cooked with sundried tomatoes reduced my partner to speachlessness while he eat - no wolfed - it down!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: raimesh Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 557 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 07/02/2000 21:42
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
I'm not at home right now, but I'm sure our SC is a swan with the three settings. If I remember, I'll check this w/end.

Rob.

P.S. We got ours as a wedding present and, worse than the harvest design, it is Eternal Beau. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!! (18 months in Boots' cookshop, Nottm, put me off that design for life)

Author: Petrea Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 558 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 07/02/2000 22:04
Eternal Beau, eh?

P.S. We got ours as a wedding present and, worse than the harvest design, it is Eternal Beau.

I've got a whole dinner set and a half of it sitting in a cardboard box in the spare room.

Funny how designs go in and out of fashion, innit?

(Sorry - off topic I know)

I've had two slow cookers in my time and both of them produced food with a certain "taste" that I can't define and didn't like. I've no idea what it is but I sometimes get it with fish and chips from the F&C shop. The nearest I can get to describing the taste is "kept on hot for too long".
Must be my funny taste buds.....

Regards
Petrea

Author: raimesh Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 559 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 07/02/2000 22:43
Funny how designs go in and out of fashion, innit?

As far as I am concerned it was never "in" fashion. We certainly didn't specify Eternal Beau in our wedding present lists, but it seems that certain relatives got together and realised that they could buy stuff "guaranteed" to match (but not to match anything we already had).

When I worked for Boots I couldn't understand how some people couldn't get enough of the stuff and would buy everything, from plates, tablecloths, etc., to jug kettles, roller blinds, slow cookers, kitchen roll: all with this hideous design on it.

Am I the only one who finds this so hideously lower-middle-class that it makes me cringe to even think about it? Surely part of the fun is finding the different stuff that will go together with your decor, and not have it handed to you on a plate (no pun intended)!

Rob.

Author: netster Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 560 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 07/02/2000 23:26
Hi all,

What's Eternal Beau? I mean I know what it means but what does the design look like?

I have a quest for kitsch.

netster

Author: Petrea Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 567 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 08/02/2000 11:45
Hi netster

Its a white background with green bits and pink bows.

Argos still sell it - you can see it in their catalogue

Regards
Petrea

Author: netster Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 568 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 08/02/2000 12:57
Thanks Petrea,

I'm off to Argos ;o)

netster

Author: cavebat Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 569 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 08/02/2000 12:58
I've got a whole dinner set and a half of it sitting in a cardboard box in the spare room.

Snap!

Ours come out once a year for Christmas and then get packed back in again! We've also got the Eternal Beau fondue set (used once) and a set of mugs! My tea bags still live in the Eternal Beau canistor although I managed to break the coffee and sugar matching ones. The Eternal Beau bread bin broke within 6 months!

When we got married 10 years ago there just didn't seem to be many other designs around (apart from the "harvest" design).

cavebat

Author: IanWendy One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 570 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 08/02/2000 13:21
When we got married 10 years ago there just didn't seem to be many other designs around (apart from the "harvest" design).

And as a gentle nudge back on to topic - harvest is the name of the pattern on the Swan Slowcooker (I think). I note that it seems that slow cooked food is not to everyone's taste. I have to say that results so far are excellent and since 2 nights a week I teach until 9:30 the slowcooker & the breadmachine are a route to avoiding instant pizza (which I was getting bored with).

Does anyone know what the auto setting is and how to operate it - I know it somehow turns the heat down, but after how long?

Author: cavebat Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 571 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 08/02/2000 13:58
Does anyone know what the auto setting is and how to operate it - I know it somehow turns the heat down, but after how long?

If I remember correctly the auto setting heats the food to the optimum setting and than keeps it at a certain temperature by thermostatic control, the idea being that it doesn't "overcook" which it might if left on the high setting.

cavebat

Author: Bloke111 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1934 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 09/01/2005 21:29
Hi Wendy,

Did you have any luck with the instructions for the Swan Slow Cooker?
I've just acquired the same model and am keen to work out the controls....

Thanks,

Author: TopGun400 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1967 of 2852
Subject: Re: Instructions for Swan Slowcooker Date: 02/03/2005 10:56
Hi

I have also been looking for an instruction book but no luck.

I did find this though that did help:

http://www.healthrecipes.com/free_ebooks/crock_pot.pdf

Cheers

Steve

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (12) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread