UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: citymj Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 216017  
Subject: Re: Keyboard, language and xp Date: 26/02/2012 22:13
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
In tackling this problem, just remember that any typist in an international business can do it with her eyes shut (literally).

Thus armed with the appropriate measure of humility, can you say again what you are trying to do?

If you intend to use a single language keyboard for dual language working, you are setting yourself some high hurdles to jump. Easiest, and perhaps cheapest to have two keyboards, although that is not AFAIK the standard solution.

More usually you order the appropriate multi-lingual keyboard which has extra symbols on the appropriate keys. Then XP allows you to designate key combinations to switch between layouts. I use ALT-SHIFT-0 to type in 'foreign' and ALT-SHIFT-1 to return to good old Blightyspeak. Don't get me started on Americanese, otherwise known as MS Standard.

Don't forget that you also need the appropriate spelling dictionaries for the appropriate texts, but I cannot help you with switching between them.

There is probably someone in your street who does it without thinking about it, so a bit of social engineering might see you become an instant expert.

MJ
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

HwtBC - the best bits
Anti-Virus FAQ - Read this info-packed guide to protecting your PC
Favourite Programs? - tell your fellow Fools about yours!
Flustered by Firewalls? - Read this info-packed guide to protecting your PC.
Buying a New Computer? - Take a look at this comprehensive guide.
Where can I find...? - A list of useful computer related links.
How to Ask A Question - A detailed guide from Microsoft. Plus some advice from Nybbler on how to help your helpers
Apple Mac Users
Your very own board.
Information on the 'Heartbleed' bug
So what is 'Heartbleed'? And what should you do?