UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Riskybiscuit Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 69948  
Subject: Howdens kitchens instructions... Date: 16/10/2002 13:47
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Howdy peeps...

Do Howdens kitchens come with instructions, perchance? Or do big manly joiners (we're trade, right?) not need such things?

RiskyX
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Mike4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24394 of 69948
Subject: Re: Howdens kitchens instructions... Date: 16/10/2002 19:55
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Do Howdens kitchens come with instructions, perchance? Or do big manly joiners (we're trade, right?) not need such things?

I can't remember. Seeing as I'm having one delivered tomorrow I'll let you know tomorrow evening!

Cheers!
M4

Author: JonEBehr Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24553 of 69948
Subject: Re: Howdens kitchens instructions... Date: 21/10/2002 00:50
Recommendations: 0

I can't remember. Seeing as I'm having one delivered tomorrow I'll let you know tomorrow evening!

I doubt that M4 has failed to follow-up because he's fiddling with dowels and sachets of PVA...

Other than the contract range, Howdens carcases are fully (and solidly) assembled. M4 is fond of Islington while I tend to the 'lower-cost' Greenwich.

Cheers!

Author: Jobird Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24569 of 69948
Subject: Re: Howdens kitchens instructions... Date: 21/10/2002 13:13
Recommendations: 2
Howderns Units are made by Hygena a company previously owned by MFI for many yers but I am sure it was sold to the managers.

While I have now ideas about how to use the letters of HOWDENS it seems to me that Howdens Howlers may be a reasonable definition.

When I worked at MFI people asked what it meant. In past life it did have a meaning that I have forgotten Mullard Furniture Indistries, I think. In any even we used to tell customers Most Fittings Inside. This meant SOME were missing, and they were.............. often!! Well actually MOST of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those halcion days..................

Great times I have to say.

I always remmber the management style most fondly. If you disagreed with a senior manager you were fired. If you wnated to get your own back you waited for the Regional Rugby Match. It was my pleasure to see the MD get a right thumping ijn the scrum on one occasion and that was from one of the HO staff!!!!

Rough as a bare arse but God we made some money in those days.

Cheers for now

Jobird

Cheers for now.

Author: JackHacksaw One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24672 of 69948
Subject: Re: Howdens kitchens instructions... Date: 24/10/2002 08:33
I didn't get any, but I think they are a similar design to other kitchens. I coped OK, but it took me a couple of minutes to work out how the plastic plinth brackets worked.

Author: Mike4 Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24676 of 69948
Subject: Re: Howdens kitchens instructions... Date: 24/10/2002 10:30

I doubt that M4 has failed to follow-up because he's fiddling with dowels and sachets of PVA...

Oops sorry, got sidetracked with my house move negotiations....

But anyway, the answer is no, there were no instructions with the delivery. No waste bin or extractor filters either. Grrrr....

Cheers!
M4

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread