UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: miranda99 Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 175095  
Subject: How Much Does a Shower Cost to Run? Date: 15/10/2008 19:00
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Has anyone worked this out? How much does a 10 minute shower cost? Ive a gas combi boiler but Id think the cost would be roughly the same for an electric shower.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Swill453 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 142304 of 175095
Subject: Re: How Much Does a Shower Cost to Run? Date: 15/10/2008 19:07
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Has anyone worked this out? How much does a 10 minute shower cost? Ive a gas combi boiler but Id think the cost would be roughly the same for an electric shower.

Well a 10kW electric one would use 1.7kWh in 10 minutes. A kWh used to be about 10p, might be more now. Assuming 10p that would make it 17p per 10min shower.

Scott.

Author: AlderPoint Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 142330 of 175095
Subject: Re: How Much Does a Shower Cost to Run? Date: 16/10/2008 01:17
Cold (or rather the same temperature as your mains water): then nothing except the water cost.

The hotter you want it, and the colder your input temperature, then the more it costs. And time: a 4 minute shower will cost twice a 2 minute shower.

Whatever, less that the equivalent bath.

If you are asking gas v. electric, then about the same, as gas is cheaper but electricity more efficient.

Author: Scott0966 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 142338 of 175095
Subject: Re: How Much Does a Shower Cost to Run? Date: 16/10/2008 09:23
Based on the prices in this post

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=11247141

An electric shower will be approx 10kW and my combi boiler uses up to 35kW for hot water so as the gas price x 3.5 is more than the electric then the electric is probably cheaper. I don't know that the boiler uses 35kW though so the cost might be less. Use your own figures for your shower and boiler.

The combi gives a better shower though.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread