UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30493  
Subject: Eventus Alternatives Date: 20/03/2013 18:51
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Eventus Alternatives (www.eventusalternatives.com) now have their own special place here:

"Warning: unauthorised firms and individuals"

Recently added firms
19 March - Eventus Alternatives (www.eventusalternatives.com")

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/doing/regulated/law/alerts/unauthorise...

They used to have an alternative place here:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/eventus-alternatives-12556595.aspx

PD
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JakNife Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29091 of 30493
Subject: Re: Eventus Alternatives Date: 20/03/2013 20:44
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 43
Rather amusingly, back in May I posted the following in response to a post by donaldharvey:

======================================================================
donaldharvey,

i have received a cold call from Eventus Alternatives http://www.eventusalternatives.com/ regarding investing into carbon credits.

does anybody know this company?

Sorry, I've never heard of them. But that's not to say that they've not called me as most of the time when I get a call from somebody trying to sell me something over the phone I tell them to get lost (rudely) and then hang up.

In the particular case of someone from a foreign country calling to sell carbon credits I'd probably be ruder than normal and hang up faster than normal, but then that's probably because I'm very cynical. If you want to become as cynical as me then have a read of this from the FSA:

Carbon credit trading schemes
We are receiving an increasing number of reports from people who have been approached by firms promoting carbon credit trading schemes. Are these schemes a genuine investment opportunity or a new scam? We take a look.

Please post here to let us know if they call again.

JakNife

you won't find that post on the boards anymore, nor will you find this one:

Eventus Alternatives (www.eventusalternatives.com) are promoting an investment in carbon credits.

Do the FSA's comments apply?

Carbon credit trading
We continue to receive many reports from people who have been approached by firms promoting carbon credits in the UK. Find out why you should be wary about investing in the carbon credit market.

From: http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation/scamsandswindles/i...

This is the email that accompanied the deletion of the second post:

We have been contacted by Phil Wombwell of Eventus, mentioned in your post (text below).

He claims that your juxtaposition of the link to the Eventus site with a link to a warning about scams and swindles (where the warning does not mention Eventus) implies dishonesty on the part of Eventus.

We have therefore removed your post, to avoid potential legal liability for defamation.

We must also ask you not to post about Eventus on this board unless you have some concrete evidence of some wrongdoing.

Finally, Mr Wombwell - MD of Eventus Wealth - has asked us to pass on an invitation for you to call him personally, using the contact number at...

http://www.eventusalternatives.com/contact.html

I think that we can all agree that the FSA warning is enough to evidence "wrongdoing".

And no, I didn't call Mr Wombwell, not least of all because that's probably not even his real name!

regards,

JakNife

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29208 of 30493
Subject: Re: Eventus Alternatives Date: 11/04/2013 11:47
Recommendations: 1
Another or maybe the same Eventus Alternatives is now on the FCA's warning list:

http://www.fca.org.uk/news/warnings/eventus-consultancy-jlt-...

"Eventus Consultancy JLT trading as Eventus Alternatives is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) to carry out regulated activities in the UK."

The yesterday in the link being 10 April 2013.

It looks like the prior warning from the FSA, mentioned on the first post in this thread, had been removed at some stage. The FCA could have been clearer if they'd included a website for the one they are now warning about. The prior warning showed ""Warning: unauthorised firms and individuals" Recently added firms 19 March - Eventus Alternatives (www.eventusalternatives.com)". That website includes:

"Eventus Alternatives is a trading name of Eventus Consultancy JLT"

So it appears to be one and the same outfit.

PD

Author: citizen2013 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29681 of 30493
Subject: Re: Eventus Alternatives Date: 26/08/2013 07:14
Recommendations: 3
I worked for this scam of a company and have concrete physical proof of there wrongdoing. They claim to give 30% returns over a 12 month period yet pay out a whooping 25% commissions to the sales staff and god knows how much the company (owners) keep. Now very simple math tells us that if one invests $100,000 and say for arguments sake the owners only keep 10% they have taken $35,000 from the original capital and now are claiming to be able to give $130,000 return over a 12 month period? That transforms to a 100% annual return when going from the remainder $65,000 to the $130,000. Bernie Madoff got life in prison for showing a consistent 15% annual return! This along with all other carbon credit investment firms is a complete ponzi scheme designed to milk people out of their money. Don´t be fooled by false promises. Also they claim to use 3 recognized trading platforms being NYSE Blue, CDC and Markit yet NYSE Blue and CDC no longer exist. APX is the largest carbon trading platform and it has a strict warning to any potential investors not to invest in carbon credits as you will lose all your money. The FSA and British Fraud agencies have also issued such warnings. Best recommendation is to stay well away. Cheers.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread