UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (85) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: firtles Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 30492  
Subject: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 17/09/2010 10:06
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Anyone been contacted by The deVere Group promoting institutional blocks of shares in Eldora Gold Resources? It sounds very like A25 Gold Producers, which was on the go in the spring. Unsolicited telephone call/Canadian gold company/exciting new technology/being quoted on the Frankfurt exchange/institutional/shares on offer at 18% discount to the "real" price giving 19% instant profit. A25 Gold were on offer at a bargain €2.60 versus a market price of €2.80 - their bid price last night €0.03. Be very afraid!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: sharw01 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23965 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 17/09/2010 11:23
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
You refer to "Eldora Gold Resources". There is a Canadian company "Eldorado Gold Corporation" (TSX:ELD)(NYSE:EGO)(ASX:EAU) and I am wondering if we are meant to mistake one for the other. The latter's operations include the Kisladag gold mine, the largest gold mine in Turkey. The only web references I can find to "Eldora Gold" are references to that mine and so a mis-spelling.

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23967 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 17/09/2010 15:45
Perhaps it is this one:

http://www.eldoragoldresources.com/

"Eldora Gold Resources LTD.
10079 Winona Station,
Winona, Ontario
L8E 5R1
Canada ...

Eldora Gold has applied for a listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange – Open Market. The company expects to have achieved its full listing status during the 4th Quarter of 2010. Please … [Read More...] ..."

Website look-up http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIs.aspx?domain=eldoragoldresources...

Created on: 13-Jul-10
Expires on: 13-Jul-11
Last Updated on: 13-Jul-10

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc

Administrative Contact via domainsbyproxy.com

PD

Author: firtles Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 23995 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 20/09/2010 17:34
Recommendations: 1
Out of curiosity I e-mailed the Eldora Gold Resources "investors" link (at the above site) on Thursday last week, asking for any financial data they might have to support the upcoming Frankfurt flotation. To date I have had zero response. The deVere Group website (very impressive at first sight) includes a London address that also happens to be the address of an FSA registered entity, Devere and Partners (UK) Limited. The compliance manager of Devere and Partners advised he was unaware of any company employee called Mike Reynolds (the gentleman who called me from the deVere Group re Eldora Gold Resorces) and could not allay my fears. I think this is another A25 Gold Producers. My specially reserved block of institutional shares await me but, as with A25 Gold Producers, I do not think I shall be proceeding!

Author: blissfullystupid Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24035 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 28/09/2010 15:34
Recommendations: 2
I have recently been contacted by a Company called Churchill. They were offering to sell me shares based on pre IPO deal for Eldora Gold Resources. I looked at their site - no names of people involved or a date for the IPO. I agree with you. It should come with a warning - PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH - share prices can go down as well as DOWN.

Author: sharw01 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24106 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 10/10/2010 18:12
PD having found the website http://www.eldoragoldresources.com/ has prompted me to take another look at this.

The company gives no telephone number but its address as:
Eldora Gold Resources LTD.
10079 Winona Station,
Winona, Ontario
L8E 5R1

Looking at the postcode, this is for P.O. boxes at Winona PO. Highway 8, Stoney Creek, Ontario. I can find dozens of organisations who address themselves in the manner of this from the “Fifty Point Yacht Club”:

PO Box 10593
Stoney Creek,
Ontario L8E 5R1

but none other with the obfuscation of “Winona Station”.

The ‘About’ page is also short on detail by not naming the three key founders. Take this one:
“The Company’s Technical Manager has more than 30 years experience in manufacturing and process plant operations holding a BSc In Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Toronto as well as significant experience in precious metals refining. He also holds a US patent in Cadmium-free gold solder alloys. He specializes in the tailings processing technology and all engineering aspects of Eldora Gold’s proprietary equipment and techniques”.

Now that sounds remarkably like:

Vernon K. Drylie, P.Eng., of Oakville, Ontario, holds a BASc. in Metallurgical Engineering from the University of Toronto. Mr. Drylie has more than thirty years experience in manufacturing and process plant operations management. He was formerly Plant Manager at NTN Bearing Corporation of Canada and a member of its Board of Directors. NTN is one of the world's largest bearing producers and a leading supplier to the industrial, natural resource and automotive markets. Prior to that, he was Technical Services Manager as well as a member of the Board of Directors of Bundy of Canada Ltd., a leading supplier and fabricator of small diameter tubing systems and assemblies for the automotive and industrial markets. He has also held the positions of Silver Refinery Supervisor and Engineering Manager for Johnson Matthey Ltd., a precious metals refiner and fabricator, Research Engineer in the mineral processing section of a research lab of Inco, and Pellet Plant Engineer for Iron Ore Company of Canada. Mr. Drylie is the holder of a US patent for cadmium-free gold solder alloys.

Now Mr. Drylie (of Oakville, about 20 miles from Stoney Creek) came to light earlier this year when Chesstown Capital, a company listed on the second tier of the Toronto Stock Exchange, announced a reverse takeover of Canadian Star Minerals upon which Mr Drylie would go onto the Chesstown Board:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Chesstown-Capital-In...

However, there is no news of the deal being finalised, the most recent release being in early July:

"Trading in Chesstown shares remains suspended pursuant to the TSXV Bulletin dated April 1, 2010, as Chesstown continues to work towards closing its previously disclosed qualifying transaction".

So are the ‘Technical Manager’ and Mr. Drylie one and the same, and if so is he still with Canadian Star and prospectively on the board of Chesstown?

Those are questions I would personally want answered before I considered investment in Eldora.

Author: wickedster Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24130 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 14/10/2010 00:43
Something is definitely off with this company.

I have been researching tailings processing equipment and came across the Eldora Gold Resource website (www.eldoragoldresources.com).

Right away I noticed that the milling technology they show pictures of is the exact same I have been looking at from a reputable private company called Extrac-Tec (www.extrac-tec.com) which is the company that actually developed and owns the technology.

The pictures of the Eldora milling plant on the Eldora website are identical as the Extrac-tec mill. It appears Eldora has used the exact pictures taken from Extrac-tec website.

I contacted Extrac-Tec directly to find out if there was any affiliation and there is not. A representative from Extrac-tec responded that they have no idea who this company is and why they are representing that the technology is theirs.

Eldora Gold Resource is representing that the proprietary technology they picture is theirs when in fact it is not. This is obviously a scam! Hence why there is such limited information on the website (no names etc.) and the private domain registration.

Beware!

Author: aiminvestor One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24251 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 30/10/2010 20:25
They are currently not listed anywhere!

however, from their website;

---------
Investors

Eldora Gold has applied for a listing on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange – Open Market.

The company expects to have achieved its full listing status during the 4th Quarter of 2010.

Please direct all Investor Inquiries to investors@eldoragold.com

---------

I would not touch a stock listed on the FFT Open Market, it is about as unregulated as it gets (IMHO).

I never touch the OTCBB either.

Author: firtles Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24267 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 02/11/2010 15:25
I directed an e-mail inquiry to investors@eldoradogold.com some time ago, saying that I was a potential investor in the company. I asked if they could send me any recent financial data supporting their upcoming listing in Frankfurt (I imagine some financial data is necessary prior to a listing!).

No information was ever received (nor did I receive an undelivered e-mail message), which raises doubts as to whether there will ever be a listing

Author: agent4927 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 24552 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 09/12/2010 18:02
This one must be doing the boiler room rounds. Just had a call from Abbots Investment Group in Brussels trying to flog me pre IPO Eldora Gold stock. So obvious this is a scam. Abbots Investment Group website was only registered in July, giveaway number one. No phone number on the site, giveaway number two. Eldora is being flogged by numerous dodgy outfits all over the place- giveaway number three.

Author: noglethorpe Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25265 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 21/02/2011 18:34
Hot from a call from "Reuben Roth" of Abott.

Eldora gets 50% of the sale of gold from tailings on which they have Green Technology.

Major institutions all over the world are rating Eldora a buy.

-------------------

I will now transfer you to a secure line so that we can set up the sale and arrange to send the documentation out at once. Beep Beep.

Now we are on a secure line. Am I familiar with telegraphic transfers?

Full names??? Where is your company? Brussels. Phone no? "We don't give that out" Ho Ho Ho.

FSA No.? Do you mean the Fin. Serv. Authy.? Yes, the FSA. Hangs up.

So they are still at it.

I have some rough notes, but doubt anyone needs more detail.

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25267 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 21/02/2011 19:20
"Hot from a call from "Reuben Roth" of Abott.... Full names??? Where is your company? Brussels"

Presumably the Abbotts Investment Group mentioned earlier (I've added an extra t).

The same one which appears here, one would assume:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overs...

Abbotts Investment Group (www.abbottsinvestmentgroup.com)

As helpfully mentioned by doglet01 back here, from which we can see they were added to the FSA alerts list on 17/02/2011:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/abbotts-investment-group-12183454.a...

The purported Brussels address is:

Koningsstraat 10,
Suite 250
Brussels 1000
Belgium

From http://www.abbottsinvestmentgroup.com/

Note the name on the website itself includes an apostrophe, Abbott's Investment Group, but not when abbreviated as Abbotts IG.

PD

Author: noglethorpe Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25269 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 21/02/2011 19:45
25267 "Presumably the Abbotts Investment Group mentioned earlier (I've added an extra t)."
===================================

No doubt you are right, but equally I have reported the name exactly as quoted to me and written down at the time.

I suggest that a bit of confusion may suit these gentry very well.

Author: sharw01 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25270 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 21/02/2011 21:36
Koningsstraat 10 Brussels

Another brilliant address! noglethorpe - you should have offered to take the money there in person as you happen to be in Brussels next week and see what reply that might have brought. The address is that of the Palais des Beaux Arts/ Paleis Voor Schone Kunsten (Centre for Fine Arts) currently housing a major exhibition:

Venetian and Flemish Masters

Bellini, Titian, Canaletto – Van Eyck, Bouts, Jordaens

11 February 2011 – 8 May 2011

There are some theatres within the complex so perhaps there is an avant-garde one where the audience find they are eavesdropping as on the stage there is a character called Reuben Roth trying to sell shares over the telephone to people in the United Kingdom.

Author: wisemann90 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25279 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 23/02/2011 00:25
thanks for all this useful info....was contacted by this out fit back in the autumn.Fortunately it was cold calling and so i ignored the offer. I happened to find some of their info today and was doing some research and found your thread.Keep up the good work!!!!

Author: Mungojerry One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25284 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 23/02/2011 15:44
See Hamilton House

Author: studmuffin64 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25327 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 28/02/2011 17:25
Was cold-called today by Christopher Brennan of Shaw Capital Management (Seoul, Korea).

A real "hot one" offering a premium share price before the 7th March floating of Eldora Gold Resources on the Frankfurt stock exchange - guaranteeing me at least 50%...

Alarm bells began to ring, so did a little research into Shaw Capital Management who I found were listed on the FSA overseas list. Mind you their literature, which turned-up at my office last year looks very professionally done and quite convincing...

Anyone else have any experience of Shaw, or CEO Peter Kennedy?

Author: CRAIG1HK Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25381 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/03/2011 13:02
HAD THE SAME CALL THE OTHER DAY.

DID SOME CHECKING AND FOUND SHAW CAPITAL MANAGEMENT ARE LISTED ON THE KOREAN FSS "ÏNVESTOR ALERT LIST".

BEWARE

Author: fvank Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25391 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 07/03/2011 12:00
Was cold-called today by Christopher Brennan of Shaw Capital Management (Seoul, Korea)
Exactly same story as above. Wonderful returns promised, just send your money off to Korea.
If the returns are too good to be true (60% in 6 months)it must be a scam.

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25392 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 07/03/2011 12:10
Hello fvank

Welcome to the TMF discussion boards.

"Was cold-called today by Christopher Brennan of Shaw Capital Management (Seoul, Korea) ..."

A Shaw Capital Management (www.shaw-capital.com) were added to the FSA's warning list of Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK back in October 2010:

The address provided on http://www.shaw-capital.com/contact.php is as follows, so one would imagine they are one and the same:

Shaw Capital Management
7F Yeji Building
Yeoksam-Dong 641-11
Gangnam-Gu
Seoul
Korea 135-909

PD

Author: FlyingSpur Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25415 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 10/03/2011 12:54
Have just been approached about this forthcoming IPO (I was told March 14th) by the Berlin office of Blackstone Wealth Management. I told them I would do some due diligence!

Author: sharw01 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25418 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 10/03/2011 14:33
...the Berlin office of Blackstone Wealth Management.

Are you sure that is what they said they were? Do you have a website? Last May the FSA warned about a Blackstone International that had no association with Blackstone Wealth Management (FSA Firm Registration Number: 466849).

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/pdf/blacksto...

The legitimate company, of the West Midlands, does not have a Berlin office:

http://www.blackstone.uk.net/index.php

Author: FlyingSpur Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25428 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 10/03/2011 23:54
Oops! I meant Black SWAN Wealth Management www.blackswanwm.com
Many apologies

Author: sharw01 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25429 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 11/03/2011 01:13
An impressive website until you realise that it has been copied fron the Bank of Singapore.

Compare:

http://www.blackswanwm.com/002001.html
http://www.bankofsingapore.com/what-is-private-banking.html

http://www.blackswanwm.com/005001.html
http://www.bankofsingapore.com/client-advisory-model.html

Author: bottomoftheheap Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25437 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 11/03/2011 11:33
And that +44 is the code for GB, from http://www.blackswanwm.com/006001.html

and the address is in Germany (they do give a +49 number for their "German" office)

Bet they're based in Spain. (Certainly their website is!)

Author: Ma1967 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25596 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 28/03/2011 08:53
I have just been contacted by Fisher Capital www.fishercapitalmanagement.com CEO Charles Lee out of South Korea
21/F Seoul Finance Center, Taepyeongno 1-ga, Jung-gu Seoul Korea 100-78
+82 2 3782 4623
About buying these exact same shares.

First theyy hit me up via a philippine call group then sent a document package...and finally the call...so beware.

Author: doglet01 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25597 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 28/03/2011 09:06
I have just been contacted by Fisher Capital www.fishercapitalmanagement.com

For the record this company were added to the FSA's list of "Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK" on 25-Nov-2010:

Regards,
Iain

Author: doglet01 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25678 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 06/04/2011 12:08
Oops! I meant Black SWAN Wealth Management www.blackswanwm.com

For the record this company were added to the FSA's list of "Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK" on 06-Apr-2011:

Regards,
Iain

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25711 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 08/04/2011 14:11
Plus a pdf dated 06 April 2011 but added to the warning list today:

Black Swan Wealth Management
Schützenstraße 63, 10117 Berlin, Germany

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/pdf/black_sw...

Note the "The following UK-incorporated firms have no association whatsoever with the organisation discussed above identifying itself as Black Swan Wealth Management ...".

PD

Author: heiso Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25729 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 12/04/2011 08:33
I have received phonecalls trying to sell Eldora Gold Resources. Contacted both by Fisher Capital and Shaw Capital out of South Korea. Have a strong feeling they are both scam stock selling outfits, making glossy presentation brochures with absolutely no information. Nice pictures of buildings and a minimum of text, and no presentation of the management behind them. Quite similar to the way Eldora Gold Resources are presenting themselves on their web page. Would not be surprised if the same people are behind Fisher and Shaw as I received phonecalls from the same philippina lady before she sent me their 'information brochure'.

This is definetly a scam, so beware.

Author: PoolioDubai Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25789 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 20/04/2011 08:09
Just been called by Chris Shaw from Seoul, offering a great opportunity to buy Eldora Gold stock for Euro 1.05. Just got a deal that is not public knowledge, guaranteed to see stock value increase to Euro2.5 - 3 in three months.....

After 10 mintues of the hard sell "I know you unsure as you've been cold called but I sense yoru interested....blah blah... first transacation is a minimum of 30,000 but will return 45,000 in 3 months. You have to admit its a good opportuity" GOODBYE.

Author: pacer8 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25808 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 21/04/2011 16:42
hello,

I am "A fool and his money" - at least what i can see from your correspondence. A total beginner in international stock exchange. And here is the result of it, I thought to share with you:

Last summer I was contacted by a company called ComfirstGroup based in Japan to help me to invest and make 30% return on my money in 3 months.
First with an already existing company's(CSUN - China Sunergy, if I can recall) shares on the New York stock exchange, which was going to go up 30% from(then) USD 4,5 to USD 6 within 12 weeks.
I went with it. And it did reached USD 5.96 in 3 weeks but instead selling they convinced me to keep them as they suggested originaly.
It went down to 3,5 after a week :(
BUT they offered me to buy them back from me just at the price I bought them(USD 4,5/stock) if I am willing the sum to invest into Eldora Gold Resources what I can buy for Euro 0,5/share and by Q3 2010 (entering Frankfurt Stock Exchange) will be at least doubled.
I went with it. Very convincing.
Finaly from this March its on Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
BUT there is no trading with that stock. No info and i am worried. I gave a sell order 3 weeks(!) ago on the current price but there is no result yet.....
By the way still promising the Euro 2,5 - 3 /stock price.
Since I am still curiously waiting

Author: vanvuur Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25813 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 22/04/2011 09:51
I was also cold-called Monday by Matthew Mason of Shaw Capital Management (Seoul, Korea).

He asked me whether I did receive their brochure, which I did not at that time. Got it only today and looks very professional.

He offered me to buy 40.000 shares of Eldora Gold Resources. Eldora signed a multi billion dollar deal with BHP and this news was not yet announced in the media So it was now the time to buy. He expected a 100% raise of the 1 euro share within 90 days!

The 40.000 were already reduced to 10.000 before I got rid of him.

Googled SHAW and discovered I was not the first target.

Author: CotaKid1966 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25826 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 25/04/2011 13:57
I recently was contacted by Fisher Capital Management and verbally agreed to buy 5000 shares. After checking on them and reading this bulleting board and discovering they are on the FSA unauthorised companies list, i will not be going ahead with the deal. I should have carried out my due diligence checks before.

What course of action can they take as a result of my pulling out the deal?

Thanks

Author: JoeEasedale Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25827 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 25/04/2011 14:04
What course of action can they take as a result of my pulling out the deal?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

So long as you didnt do anything really really dumb, like giving them a cheque or your account details, they can only threaten and bluster.
If they are on the unauthorised list, they were breaking the law by trying to sell shares to you.

Author: CotaKid1966 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25828 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 25/04/2011 14:15
I wasn't that dumb, howevever it might have been a different story if i hadn't come across this website, while checking things out. So thanks guys.

Author: dicov Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25857 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 02/05/2011 12:00
Hi

They are still at it ....pretty pushy too. Shaw out of S. Korea called me about these shares ....do I trust someone from S. Korea???

Luckily I saw this thread and it has confirmed my suspicions ....BHP Billiton cannot have taken this long to sign up!!

Thanks everyone for taking time to provide this info.

Dicov

Author: JoeEasedale Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 25976 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 17/05/2011 07:45
Only Nice Guys do cold calls
No legitimate brokers do cold calls
If they called out of the blue but "reminded" you that you had spoken before then that is interesting
If it was such a sure thing, why are they phoning you, not investing al they can get them selves?
If you dont respond to cold calls you cannot get scammed by them
The FSA are notoriously slow at putting unauthorised scum on their list
Scammers can change their names and phone numbers much faster than the FSA can react

Author: Hontie Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26075 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 31/05/2011 06:46
I got a cold call from a Michael Miles of Shaw Capital Management in South Korea regarding Eldora Gold Resources on the 14th April. Pushy does not begin to describe his behaviour, but we went from I must take 30,000 shares at 1 Euro to he'll make a deal just for me and we'll go in at 5,000 Euro.
Guaranteed 60% profit in 3 months - how can you possibly refuse that?
After trying to extricate myself from the call politely for ten minutes I hung up.
I did research Eldora and could find nothing comforting to think i should have gone for the deal. Got a call a few days later from some character purporting to be his boss. He said had i noticed the stock had gone up 10cents which was ten percent in a few days and he could not understand my attitude. I see Eldora went up to 1.30 before tanking last week to 49cents
money well not spent

Author: micco77 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26151 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 15/06/2011 08:04
I have been cold called last week by Fisher capital management. I was about to transfer money to their account for the Eldora ER5 shares after agreeing to buy about 4400 of them. I was left suspicious after reading one of their article, in which, you could clearly see some weird stuff. They had an article about Kate and Will and the impact of the wedding on the British economy. Pretty lame article with little information in it. Over 100s comments followed the article, all complimentary of the style and information in it. Made me suspicious. I then found your site.
I told them that my bank warned me of this transaction. They asked a transfer to Belize...big red flag for me. They never called again. Upsetting but at least I save my money.

Author: fooled1982 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26249 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 30/06/2011 15:11
I did the same, but through another Investment Company, any ideas anyone?

Author: JSmile Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26255 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 02/07/2011 08:06
To all of you folks,

the point isn't to stop them calling and harassing people, they need to be taken out and stopped entirely!
Read following links and make up your mind as to what to do:

http://www.gowlings.com/resources/PublicationPDFs/SmithB_Civ...

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisp...

It certainly can be done and if law enforcement is not able, be it overload or cross border issues, there are legal ways of doing it.

Never ever give up!

Regards and success

JS

Author: fooled1982 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26270 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/07/2011 14:10
Any heard of George Evans from Prentice Management Corp?? http://www.prenticecorp.com/

Author: doglet01 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26271 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/07/2011 14:24
Any heard of George Evans from Prentice Management Corp?? http://www.prenticecorp.com/

Domain
http://whois.domaintools.com/prenticecorp.com
Created: 09-Feb-2010
Expires: 09-Feb-2012
Registered at the address in Japan but with a web server in Canada.

Google
The text for the web site has been copied directly from:
D.A. Noyes & Company (www.danoyes.com) which was registered in 1998

Definite bargepole job...

Regards,
Iain

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26272 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/07/2011 14:29
" Any heard of ... Prentice Management Corp?? http://www.prenticecorp.com/ "

Yup, the Norwegian authorities warned about them in August 2010.

I can't immeditely find a direct link but the warning is repeated over at the Danish authorities (as below).

[extract]

'Warning against Prentice Management Corp

Investor warning

Finanstilsynet has been informed that Prentice Management Corp. (address: 18th Floor Ark Mori Building, 1-12-32 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo 107-6011) has approached Norwegian investors offering investment services. The company also offers services from a website

www.prenticecorp.com

Finanstilsynet wishes to make it clear that Prentice Management Corp. is not authorised to provide investment services in Norway, and therefore lacks the licence required under Norwegian law. ...'

From http://www.finanstilsynet.dk/en/Nyhedscenter/Internationale-...

Why do you ask?

PD

Author: fooled1982 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26273 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/07/2011 15:19
I really don't know how, but they must have got me at a really weak moment and I invested with them - got no idea how or if I can get my cash back. This was approx. 10 months back and I get promise after promise that I'll see returns on the investment real soon...

Definately learnt my lesson but does anyone know what actions should/or can be taken to regain the money?

Author: eldorascamed Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26300 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 12/07/2011 11:21
Me to I am perplexed that I could be so stupid. I have purchased these so called shares through Fisher Capital Management. It is a complete scam! I will be attempting all means to get my money back. Does anyone have any ideas, or guidence for what can be done.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Author: JSmile Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26312 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 13/07/2011 07:16
To all of you folks,

the point isn't to stop them calling and harassing people, they need to be taken out and stopped entirely!
Read following links and make up your mind as to what to do:

Do a recall of funds through your bank and read following link.
http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisp......

It certainly can be done and if law enforcement is unable, be it overload or cross border issues, there are legal ways of doing it.

Never ever give up!

Regards and success

JS

Author: eldorascamed Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26317 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 14/07/2011 09:22
Hi JS, thanks for the encouragement. The link you posted appears to have an error on it can you please provide another link or further details.

Thanks

Author: JSmile Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26320 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 14/07/2011 12:00
Hi eldorascamed,

welcome and here two links, the other one isn't thought to be commercial, more of a guide line what can be done in a legally proof way!

http://www.gowlings.com/resources/PublicationPDFs/SmithB_Civ...

http://www6.lexisnexis.com/publisher/EndUser?Action=UserDisp...

Regards JS

Author: davechilde Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26321 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 14/07/2011 12:52
Hi

I have been called by Belvedere Capital Partners with the same offering, but a bit more subtle insofar as they didn't recommend the stock until the 3rd or 4th call to me after sending their brochure.

Before reading this thread, I agreed to buy the 3,000 shares, but was not asked for any money, nor was I asked when his compliance manager called later to confirm i was happy with the deal. A contract note is due later today apparently.

Belvedere claim to be multi-national with the broker who called me working on the UK client desk of the Zurich office. Their website looks pretty slick, but has almost zero information on it.

Does anyone know of or heard of Belvedere (not linked to Belvedere Investment Partners LLP in london) or do we think this is another pump and dump scam?

Many Thanks

Author: sharw01 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26324 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 14/07/2011 16:26
It appears to be one of a trio. Compare:

http://belvederecapitalpartners.com/index.html

http://chelseaassetmgmt.com/index.html

http://hoffmanmueller.com/index.html

The website is a cut and paste job. Examples: The 'Global presence" para (RHS) comes from AVA Private Bank:
http://www.avaprivate.com/global.html

and the 'Institutions' para from UBS:
http://www.ibb.ubs.com/institutions/

A look at Google Street View suggests that the last building on the odds side of Schweizergasse is number 21. The adjacent building appears to be Gessnerallee 32:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Schweizergasse,+Z%C3%BCrich,+S...

If they call again tell them you happen to be in Zurich next week and will call in to Schweizergasse 23 with your big cheque.

Author: fooled1982 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26328 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 15/07/2011 06:54
There is no Schweizergasse 23 in Zürich. Also the phone number listed on their site isn't a Swiss number!

Author: madimade109 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26331 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 15/07/2011 22:13
Hello all,

Some final nails for the coffin:

The company has been delisted from Frankfurt Stock Exchange on 27/05/2011:

http://www.boerse-frankfurt.de/EN/index.aspx?pageID=37&I...

The Canadian SEC has no record for them:

http://www.sedar.com/issuers/company_issuers_e_en.htm

And neither does the TSX Venture Exchange:

http://www.tmx.com/HttpController?GetPage=ListedCompaniesVie...

Thought I'd post as these are quick searches to confirm that a company is listed where it says it is, the source http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc.nsf/eng/search.html posted previously only records federally registered companies in Canada, and plenty of genuine listed Canadian comnpanies are legally registered only at state level. You need to pay to access a companies state registration details in most Canadian state jurisdictions.

Hope this is useful.. I don't think that anyone here is in any doubt about the wisdom of investing in this company, but these searches are fairly handy anyway for verification purposes.

Cheers,

Paul.

Author: sharw01 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26332 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 16/07/2011 01:02
Not quite - Eldora was taken off the Xetra system (an electronic trading platform) but remains listed on the 'Open Market' - there were 6 trades in June and 2 so far this month:

http://deutsche-boerse.com/dbag/dispatch/en/isg/gdb_navigati...

If the company is only traded in Frankfurt then I do not see that the Canadian SEC or the TSX will be involved.

As you say, for most of Canada you cannot check that a company exists without paying a fee.

In general, boiler rooms sell shares in several types of company and my personal broad classification from what I have read on these boards over the last few years is:

1)Companies that exist but are not in touch with the boiler room. The latter vanishes with your money. (e.g. the recent Glencore float sold by AZ markets and others).

2) Companies that exist but the boiler room fails to tell you that there are different share categories and the ones you are buying are a different class, bearing some restriction (this was more frequent a couple of years ago).

3) Companies that are quite properly constituted as a legal entity with shares but (with no accounts available and/or only sketchy details of activities) are worth, on any normal type of valuation, a very tiny fraction of what the boiler rooms are selling them for. In some cases the activity claimed is not actually happening.

4) Companies that do not exist as a legal entity - just as a fantasy website (e.g. Biofuels - the subject of the recent court case discussed on this board).

I am certain that Eldora does exist as a legal entity with shares. The real question is 'How much are they worth?'.

This thread, which has been going since 17/09/2010 and is now over 60 posts long, raises doubts about the organisations that are cold calling people to sell these shares. That is a different issue from the company itself. There are only a few posts about it, which raise some concerns (see posts 7 and 8). I would want a lot more information than is available before I would be willing to make an investment.

Author: Matzpen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26483 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 17/08/2011 16:57
I was persuaded to invest in 2856 shares in ElDora Gold resources by representatives of the Global Investment Group.
I now have the share certificate, indicating that the company is registered in Canada (where I happen to be at present) but that the shares cannot be sold here! It transpires that the shares must be sold in Europe and in Euro currency only.
I will be traveling to London, UK, to consult a brokerage firm about the possibility of selling these shares, but the prognosis does not appear good: it will cost me around 250 GBP to be set up as a client and there is no guarantee that the shares will be eventually sold at all. I do seem to recall that GIG suggested that I could, in the last resort, sell the shares back to the company itself, but (unsurprisingly) its office is not open to the public.
Furthermore, the address which it provides for itself, on Finsbury Square, London EC, does not seem to have Global Investment Group listed as one of the resident addressees.
Can anyone elucidate?
Matzpen.

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26484 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 17/08/2011 17:46
Hello Matzpen

I see you registered at TMF way back in August 2006 but congratulations on your first post.

Global Investment Group (www.global-ig.com) are on the UK FSA warning list of Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK (they were added to the list in July 2011):

I'd study this board's FAQ to be forewarned for the future:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/october-2006-boiler-room-faq-102129...

PD

Author: Matzpen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26507 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 23/08/2011 15:05
Dear Pink Dalek;
thanks for your post.
The links will prove very useful and informative.
As per my concerns about the Global Investment Group, it appears to have London (UK) telephone numbers but does not seem to respond to any e-mail which I may attempt to send to its info/admin addresses--even in response to earlier communication from its side!
Furthermore, its London office is not open to the public and is, I suspect,fictitious; at least according to the terms of generally accessible information about comapnies resident at that address on Finsbury Square.
Even on the day when I received my share certificate, a Mr. Alex Peterson (who was representing the outfit by telephone)asked me whether I was in the midst of writing blogs online; seemingly quite concerned that I might be doing so, even as I confirmed the arrival of the certificate.
It is expected to cost around 250/300GBP to be set up as a client with a broker which might hope to sell the shares. I am expecting more disappointment, if not heartbreak.
Yours, appreciatively,
Matzpen.

Author: jxw57 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26536 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 28/08/2011 08:53
Hi Matzpen
I have also been dealing with GIG since November last year when I was persuaded to buy about 13000 shares. When I became suspiscious about the deal I went to the Finsbury Park office which does exist but no-one there had heard of GIG. I also contacted the building landlords and confirmed that there was no company of that name registered.
Back in March I was called by a new contact from GIG who called himself Matt Collins, said he was FSA registered, etc, etc. Long story short, he was impersonating the genuine Mathew Collins who works for Morgan Stanley. The London phone number is I believe diverted to Spain I often get Spanish recorded announcements.I reported everything to London fraud police (Archway)and FSA back in July. They've done nothing other than add to a database. I've tried to transfer shares to other brokers in UK but they won't accept shares trading on Xetra. Have tried other international brokers same result. Last time I spoke to GIG (in July)they told me dealing was suspended and could be for years! Said they might be able to sell them for me if I increased my holding to 20,000, clearly not going to happen. My frustration here is that this is obviously a major fraud operation, GIG are still operating and ripping others off but the police and FSA have done nothing other than log the details.
Has anyone had any success in trading these shares?
Sorry about the long post(my first!) but I am annoyed with myself for falling for this and now very frustrated that apparently I can do nothing to get my money back.
Regards
jxw57 (John)

Author: doglet01 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26559 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 01/09/2011 15:57
It appears to be one of a trio. Compare:

http://belvederecapitalpartners.com/index.html

http://chelseaassetmgmt.com/index.html

http://hoffmanmueller.com/index.html

For the record Hoffman Mueller have now been added to the FSA's list of

Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK
www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overseas.sht...

There is also an entry added yesterday for
Belverdere Capital Partners (belverderecapitalpartners.com)

I'm wondering if the FSA have inadvertently added an additional 'r' as the domain given in the warning doesn't appear to ever have been registered.

Regards,
Iain

Author: BoilerRoomPete Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26565 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 04/09/2011 03:39
See post 18510 and balance to see how I dealt with these b------s as "Stockbridge" back in 2008. Great fun
BRP

Author: scamedmum Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26572 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/09/2011 11:55
Hi I've been approached by Vredestein onvestment consortium to buy my eldora gold shares. Has anyone heard of them?

Author: vinyl5 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26594 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 07/09/2011 01:16
I got a call last week from Tokai, supposedly in Geneva, trying to get me to buy 10k shares in Eldora gold (er5 in the German exchange), similar story, some kind of new technology to be announced, they (Tokai) were to make a big purchase by combining my and other purchases together at a price well below market so instant profit in theory, had to be "today" though. The guy was very hard sell, ultimately I hung up on him. Steer clear of these, no buyers when you want to sell....

Author: abrighter2moro Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26644 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 18/09/2011 04:17
They are trying to persuade me to add to my holding in nasca mining. I'm very nervous. Did they buy your shares?

Author: aiminvestor One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26645 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 18/09/2011 17:24
Mazda Mining?

How many more months will it take them to list I wonder?

And Inwonder if there is anynliquidity on the Frankfurt Open Market if they ever manage to list there?

It may be worthwhile Googling the name of the president!

Author: Matzpen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26714 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/10/2011 11:49
Thank you very much for all the information.
I am very interested to read about this wide boy shyster using the name of Matthew Collins, someone to whom I also spoke back in May 2011, and who tried to induce me to increase my investment to the level of 10 000 GB Pounds by claiming that a merger/takeover with/by BHP was imminent.
I only really spoke to him on one day of this year, as he was supposedly taking over portfolio management from one Patrick Branning; although, however, since then it seems the baton has passed to a certain Alex Peterson. Anyway, none of the above is now contactable (as you will discover if you try to telephone them) and yes, the address on Finsbury Square is false--I know, because I've been there!
I did manage to approach a broker at Seymour Pierce Brokers, one who tried earnestly hard to sell my 2856 shares in ElDora: things seemed to be proceeding assiduously toward a satisfactory conclusion, with a small profit in the offing, only for the sale of the shares to be blocked at the very last moment by the issuing company itself. The shares are subject to a ledger of legal restrictions, making it improbable that I will be able to sell even twelve months from now. Of course, this was never explained by Global Investment Group at the critical time earlier this year.
I now have to approach the Financial Ombudsman, apparently, and file for compensation. At least, that is what the broker at Seymour Pierce has suggested.
Meanwhile, I suspect that all the personal names used by operatives of GIG are aliases, just as their accreditation is fictitious. They are listed as an unauthorized company trading in the UK.
This has cost me in a number of senses. I'm sure you can relate.
Matzpen.

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26718 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 05/10/2011 19:00
"I now have to approach the Financial Ombudsman, apparently, and file for compensation. At least, that is what the broker at Seymour Pierce has suggested"

Sorry to be blunt but from whom is the broker suggesting you seek compensation?

As I noted in a prior reply to you, Global Investment Group (http://www.global-ig.com/) are on the UK FSA warning list of Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK (they were added to the list in July 2011):

If you study the link, it will lead you here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/compe...

[extract only]

'If you deal with organisations that are not authorised by the FSA then you may not, ..., have access to the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) or the Financial Ombudsman Service. ...

The FSA advises that consumers should not deal with unauthorised organisations. When dealing with such organisations, consumers should be aware that they risk losing all their money and having no access to the FSCS, FOS or equivalent arrangements.'

PD

Author: Matzpen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26720 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 06/10/2011 12:24
Well, the broker is suggesting that the Ombudsman might be able to offer some route to compensation, but if the case in question is one of being-basically-- ripped off by a non-regulated company, then it seems I will be on a hiding to nothing; leaving me with no satisfaction to be gained other than that of knowing I've made a report to the relevant authorities and have shared the experience with others who may care to take note.
I don't suppose I could plead ignorance of the fact GIG was an unregulated company, officially with effect from July 2011, as ignorance is not much of an excuse anyway.
Interestingly, the last time I actually managed to speak to the so-called portfolio manager, 'Alex Peterson', was on June 30 2011--when I was in Canada. At this time he was still prepared to suggest that I could sell the shares back to his outfit.
And so it goes....
Matzpen.

Author: Matzpen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 26761 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 18/10/2011 10:11
It seems we've both been had! Although the shares are quoted on the Frankfurt Bourse, there is no guarantee that anyone will see fit to purchase what are described as 'non-assessable' shares; the common stock being subject to myriad terms and conditions by the parent/issuing company based in the Niagara Falls area of Ontario, Canada.
My broker at Seymour Pierce advised me that the company lawyer (the principal one, I guess), who goes by the name of Lorne Albaum, sends out a standard letter of disallowance to anyone attempting to sell the stocks within 18 months of ownership! Further to this, as the shares are on a ledger, there is a whole raft of conditions of restriction to be lifted before any shareholder can proceed toward eventual sale; this involving several stages of legal representation--not an economical undertaking at the best of times. Also, I would have to prove that I am no longer a resident of the the United States or Canada, which in my case might prove difficult even though I am now based in Europe.
You can try the FSA and the Ombudsman, for what it's worth, but as G.I.G. has been listed as an unauthorized company since July of this year, you are unlikely to have too much joy pursuing this line of recourse. My broker has suggested writing in to the Mail on Sunday Financial Section; apparently, the editor has a personal grievance regarding this type of thing.
I feel very down on myself over this, I have to say, and I really wish I could track down the glib talkers who persuaded me (against my intuitive sense) to invest anything at all in this essentially fraudulent scheme. I would love to see and hear them in court, but how probable is it that we will get to that stage?
Regards!

Author: vikki2009 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27145 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 01/01/2012 21:09
Hi,
did you invest with George evans? my husband invested with him and im convinced its a scam, we are still waiting for our capital and return back 6 mnths later?

Can anyone offer me any advice, its George Evans from Prentice Capital Management?

We have received a share certificate now that looks pretty official and apparentyl we should get our money soon? Im not convinced !!

Any Information would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27146 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 01/01/2012 23:30
A Prentice Capital Management were added to the FSA's warning list of Unauthorised overseas firms operating in the UK way back in January 2008.

See http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/overs...

This thread makes mention of a Prentice Management Corp http://www.prenticecorp.com/, about whom the Norwegian authorities warned in August 2010 (to read the whole thread click on 'Whole Thread').

See http://boards.fool.co.uk/quot-any-heard-of-prentice-manageme...

In order to forewarn your husband in case of further calls, suggest he studies this board's FAQ:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/october-2006-boiler-room-faq-102129...

PD

Author: fooled1982 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27273 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 27/01/2012 09:39
I did, been waiting for a return for 18 months now. been kicking myself ever since...
We also received a certificate, however from Addiscombe Holdings Ltd. Is this the name on your certificate too?

Author: TMS56 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27287 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 29/01/2012 10:59
You have been defrauded, this is a scam company set up for the purposes of defrauding people, be careful of replies like the one which speaks about "Eldoras lawyers".. also I believe Addiscome Holdings is a fake company set up to placate would be investors.. I have been in touch with the Frankfurt stock excahge, only the authorised German stock broker can sell shares in Eldora.. also same applies to Solamon energy. I beleive that both of these companies were set up to perpetuate fraud. PLease go directly to the POLICE and report it, also report it on the FSA website reporting system.. see also my posting under Amazon gold ventures.. this is the next scam company to arise... There are hundreds of people who have been scammed this way.. it is time for the police and FSA to take action!!!

Author: vikki2009 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27335 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 06/02/2012 06:50
Yeah thats the name on our certificate too, just been contacted by him and told money will be in in 10 days but i think we have been had !!! I dnt know what we can do.

How did he contact you? I looked at Addiscombe holdings and they have been dissolved>

Author: Matzpen Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27525 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 08/03/2012 12:02
Well, nothing has come from the lines if inquiry I have so far pursued. Maybe I should just write into a newspaper and at least warn others, via the mainstream media, of the dangers and pitfalls that lie in wait in this area.
OF course, it's been about a year since I was initially duped and the so-called GLOBAL INVESTMENT GROUP of brokers appears to have flown the coop--although it's probably morphed (if only nominally)into some other outfit.
Seymour Pierce has made it clear to me that there is nothing it can do regarding this matter, having tried to sell the stocks last September. So, don't contact this firm in vain hope!
Regards,
Matzpen.

Author: hratch Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27641 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 06/04/2012 06:44
Hi Fooled1982,

Thanks for your posting, I don't feel to be lonely in this tragedy...

I've been fooled the same way by George Evans, Alexander Bower and Ayameko Yamagata... all from Prentice Management Corp.

Curious to know if you found a way to recover your moneys as I don't know where to start from.

Thanks,

Hratch

Author: Martj Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27745 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 02/05/2012 11:13
Hi,

I bought 5000 shares in eldora gols resources (er5.f) at 0.80 cents (euro) per share from abbotts (http://www.abbottsinvestmentgroup.com) in April 2011, via a very pushy Chris Flynn.

I have now been contacted by merkel finance inc (http://merkelfinancialinc.com/) based in Japan, who want to buy my shares off me at what a appears to be a offer that is too good to be true. The only thing is that to sell these shares I need to part with 11,000 USD for the recertification deposit.

Has anyone else received such calls? If so what have you done about it.

He has told me that 80 people in the uk have received payout but I'm finding this very hard to believe. I think I may have been scammed when I bought the shares and this is now part 2 of the scam to buy them back.

Can anyone give me anymore info on this?

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27746 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 02/05/2012 11:51
A. The FSA warned about Abbotts Investment Group (Clone of FSA authorised firm) Website: www.abbottsinvestmentgroup.com on 16/03/2012:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/static/pages/doing/regulated/law/pdf/a...

B. Merkel Finance Inc (http://merkelfinancialinc.com/) are not regulated by the FSA under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. If they were, you'd find them here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/register/firmMainSearch.do

May I suggest you:

1. Report Merkel Finance Inc (http://merkelfinancialinc.com/) to the FSA here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/Doing/Regulated/Law/Alerts/form....

2. Study the Boiler Room FAQ:

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=10212932

3. Read the linked post below (which explains how some advance fee frauds/secondary scams/reload scams are undertaken):

'Subject: SEC - Secondary Scams'
http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=10633941

4. Study this:

'Worthless Stock: How to Avoid Doubling Your Losses'
http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/worthless.htm

5. Ignore future calls along the same lines. You are being set up for a further scam.

PD

Author: JakNife Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27747 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 02/05/2012 12:41
Martj,

I bought 5000 shares in eldora gols resources (er5.f) at 0.80 cents (euro) per share from abbotts (http://www.abbottsinvestmentgroup.com/) in April 2011, via a very pushy Chris Flynn.

I'm sorry but you've been scammed into buying junk, in all likelihood the shares are worthless or, if not worthless, then worth close to zero.

I have now been contacted by merkel finance inc (http://merkelfinancialinc.com/) based in Japan, who want to buy my shares off me at what a appears to be a offer that is too good to be true. The only thing is that to sell these shares I need to part with 11,000 USD for the recertification deposit.

This is a secondary scam, if you send them money then they will find another reason to get you to send money for something else, then something else ... and they'll keep finding reasons to suck you dry until you've run out of money to send!

Take PinkDalek1's advice and IGNORE all future calls tryig to get you to buy investments over the phone - Don't be polite (be damn rude!), just hang up!

JakNife

Author: AllanDonald Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27788 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 18/05/2012 10:47
Beware of George Evans - he is a fake, as are Prentice Management Corp.
I was one that was caught by them, and have started legal preoceedings to recover my funds. It is an arduous task but having got thru the preliminary tasks needed to raise matters legally, I am now on track to recover my funds. If you are interested to share some of the legal fees, be happy to hear from you so we can see how to work together. There is also a new Bog entitled Prenticemanagementcorp, whih we hope to use to pul togther all victimes and then make a concerted assualt for recovery of funds. I have employed one of the sharpest legal groups to handle this case and have already made progress. George Evans? Yeah - look forward to meet him....

Author: PinkDalek1 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27789 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 18/05/2012 11:11
"There is also a new B[l]og entitled Prenticemanagementcorp"

Where?

"I have employed one of the sharpest legal groups to handle this case and have already made progress."

Are you UK based and, if so, are they a properly regulated firm of solicitors or something else?

PD

Author: knockross Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 27794 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 21/05/2012 14:26
I might be interested in getting behind a case for recoupment of funds if it were not too much. I am not a believer in sending good money after bad. The company I purchased shares in Eldora through is called; First Geneva the head adviser was called; David Lyons who had a cultured english accent and his junior; James Watts who had broad scottish accent

Author: glemil Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28356 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 29/09/2012 05:55
I just find that something is going on. If you can share some info It will be appricated
Regards

Author: glemil Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 28357 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 29/09/2012 06:01
I found only today for their fool.
Have you done anything?
Regards

Author: pasijukka Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 29714 of 30492
Subject: Re: Eldora Gold Resources Date: 10/09/2013 15:55
Any news about these criminals. Have they been caught or have someone got their money back. I was fool enough also to fall in their scam.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (85) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread