UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: cols Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 42265  
Subject: EIS3 form Date: 04/03/2001 21:30
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I invested a modest sum of money in Richard Nobles new venture (www.farnborough-aircraft.com) a few months ago and have just received a EIS3 form from the company. I'm not familiar with this form and need to ask a question or two.
1) Can the tax relief only be used against CGT (of which I will not exceed the limit) or can it lower my normal PAYE tax coding.
2) Can I claim tax relief as a higher rate tax payer of 40%, giving me £800 relief on an investment of say, £2000.
3) Do I have to return the form to the IR or can I just put details on the self assessment when I receive it.
4) Is there anything else I need to be aware of, eg When I come to sell the shares.

Thanks in advance
Col S.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Free Investing Reports
Download these free Motley Fool reports today.
EU Referendum
Want to discuss the forthcoming referendum on whether the UK should remain in the EU or leave it? There's a board for that.