UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: Equitabubble One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 257  
Subject: Buildings insurance for flat above shop Date: 21/10/2003 16:34
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Can any one help?

I own the leasehold on the flat above a shop. The freeholder is obliged to obtain buildings insurance for the whole property the premium for which is split between myself and the tenant of the shop. This creates problems which I discovered a couple of years back when I had to make a claim.

I discovered then that I am unable to get my own buildings insurance for "my part"of the building so I am reliant on the freeholder to get the best deal, etc.

As the freeholder is amenable to my finding a better comparable quote I have tried that but found problems with the usual companies because the property is classed as commercial.

One possibility might be using an insurance broker. Anyone know any that would deal with this type of property, or any other solution?
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Information on the 'Heartbleed' bug
So what is 'Heartbleed'? And what should you do?