No. of Recommendations: 0
Can any one help?

I own the leasehold on the flat above a shop. The freeholder is obliged to obtain buildings insurance for the whole property the premium for which is split between myself and the tenant of the shop. This creates problems which I discovered a couple of years back when I had to make a claim.

I discovered then that I am unable to get my own buildings insurance for "my part"of the building so I am reliant on the freeholder to get the best deal, etc.

As the freeholder is amenable to my finding a better comparable quote I have tried that but found problems with the usual companies because the property is classed as commercial.

One possibility might be using an insurance broker. Anyone know any that would deal with this type of property, or any other solution?
Print the post  


Closure of the UK Discussion Boards
The UK Discussion Boards are now closed to new posts.