No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm not sure if this is the right place but here goes nothing.

If I've learned one thing from this site it is that sometimes collective action pays dividends. (quite literally in the case of my Co op 13% bonds)

I am rather p**d off with the banks and their latest round of rate cuts. The truth is if they needed our cash or felt sufficient savers had elsewhere to go they would find a bit more for hard pressed savers.

Switching to the stock market is not an option for many - either risk averse or already fully invested folks.

Theresa May made some hopeful noises and perhaps we need to see if anything is on offer from NS&I in the Autumn Stmt. If not how would it be if a substantial number of us switched to Premium Bonds for a few months?

If enough people did it maybe as a result of a social media campaign it might actually give the banks a bit of a pain in the Ass - which would make a pleasant role reversal.
Print the post  

Announcements

Frequently Asked Questions for AAFQ
What's this board for? And is there a better board on which to ask your question?
Investing Basics
A full of list of our investing guides, covering how to get started, how to value shares, how to read company accounts and much more...
Closure of the UK Discussion Boards
The UK Discussion Boards are now closed to new posts.