UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kenellon Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 98906  
Subject: Allied Zurich Date: 06/02/2004 13:05
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Around 1998 British American Tobacco sold financial services companies to Zurich / Allied Zurich. Shareholders received shares in both BAT and Allied Zurich.

My mother had a holding in BAT and Allied Zurich. She is not clear as to whether her AZ shareholding was disposed of by my late father. She receives no dividend yet we can find no trace of disposal.

I note Zurich Financial has a listing in London (and elsewhere?) Any suggestions as to how we can track what happened to her holding?

Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Cbkat Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59474 of 98906
Subject: Re: Allied Zurich Date: 06/02/2004 13:43
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi kenellon

I see from the Companies House website that Allied Zurich is still registered as a company.

Has your mother still got a share certificate in your father's name, or any old dividend vouchers? If so, you'll find from there the name and address of the company registrars.

Was probate obtained when your father died? If so, then strictly speaking, the executor should write to the company registrars to ask what has happened to the shareholding.

If no probate, I suggest your mother writes to the registrars herself and explains the situation. If the registrars aren't prepared to give her any information on the strength of her letter, they'll let her know what their requirements are e.g sight of certified copy of death certificate.

Good luck!

Kind regards

cbkat

Author: alanure100 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59523 of 98906
Subject: Re: Allied Zurich Date: 08/02/2004 13:03
Allied Zurich is now Zurich Financial Services
The Registrar for these shares is Lloyds TSB Registrars,The Causeway,Worthing ,West Sussex,BN99 6DA
I held some Allied Zurich/Zurich Financial Services Shares(also received through the BAT demerger) but the performance was so poor that I have now sold them.A complicating factor is that ZFS is a Swiss company and any dividend is paid net of Swiss tax .To reclaim this tax you have to make a special application and it takes 12 to 15 months to get the tax refund

Author: kenellon Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 59535 of 98906
Subject: Re: Allied Zurich Date: 09/02/2004 08:46
Thanks. We'll follow these through.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread