UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: decemmie Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 78405  
Subject: Allen key with hole Date: 22/08/2010 10:16
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi,

I have a broekn Breville kettle and I would like to try to open up the base and check connections before I throw it away.

I need an Allen key with a hole in the middle to fit the screws in the base. Anyone know what these are called or where I can get them?

Thank you,

decemmie
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Swill453 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64262 of 78405
Subject: Re: Allen key with hole Date: 22/08/2010 10:24
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Are you sure it isn't a "security Torx"? See the variants on this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hex_key

Scott.

Author: SlugPizza Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64263 of 78405
Subject: Re: Allen key with hole Date: 22/08/2010 10:44
Recommendations: 1
There are many suppliers that offer bits to fit screws like and similar to what you have.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=11520

I'm sure you are correct in saying it's as you describe, however from my own experience with some IT stuff - I was seeking TORX with a hole (which I bought), on much closer examination I needed a 5 point version of the normal 6 point TORX bit, plus the hole.

Also try Screwfix, Machinemart, Toolbox etc. if you can't find one.

HTH

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread