UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: venice2001 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 385029  
Subject: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 15:05
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
DAK who Air France use to deliver delayed baggage once it's been located and sent to the destination airport (specifically manchester airport)?

And also whether they use a trackable (or traceable) service for that final delivery?

[I've tried asking Air France, but they wont tell me, although they've twice promised to ring said courier to find out what's going on, and twice failed to get back to me. They also said they couldn't provide a tracking number, so I'm getting a bit suspicious of how they themselves could enquire as to where my bag is without one. They tell me they'd expected it to have been delivered on sunday.]

- venice2001.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Satsumaa Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300548 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 15:24
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
All the people I know who have had delayed baggage have just had it sent on in a taxi - both here and overseas.
Maybe that is why they are being cagey?

Author: Galst0nian Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300550 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 15:51
Air France probably don't do this themselves, you might try calling the airport and trying to ascertain who the service agents are for Air France, they would have a much better idea. As has been stated, whenever I have had delayed baggage sent to me its via taxi.

Author: venice2001 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300551 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 16:09
>>> "All the people I know who have had delayed baggage have just had it sent on in a taxi "

>>> "As has been stated, whenever I have had delayed baggage sent to me its via taxi. "

I'm suddenly starting to get a very sinking feeling.

I wouldn't trust the taxis around here for 1 instant. After this incident http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=11785942 I made a point of checking with the taxi driver that I used myself from the airport on arrival this time that it would be on the meter, and he asked me why. I told him.

Well, he spent the whole journey saying that must have been the (quote) 'Pakis' [for the record it wasn't], and how that sort of things gives black cabs a bad name, etc, etc, etc. He acted as though he was really disgusted with that behaviour all the way, really over acting it somewhat.

When when I arrived, he asked what figure I wanted putting on the receipt (when I'd made it clear I wanted it metered), then tried the 'What no tip' to try again to force a tip out of me. Then when I said 'sorry, no', he then tried to palm me off with foreign coins in the change.

If Air France have used a local taxi to try to send my bag to me, then I fully expect it will have well and truly gone. :^(

In light of your info, I'll ring them up again a bit later and put a lot more pressure on them to tell me what's going on. If they did put it in a taxi on sunday then if it hasn't arrived by now, it ain't going to arrive.

They did say though that they had around 10,000 bags to sort out back on saturday, so perhaps (hoping against hope) they may have made better better arrangements on this occasion.

- venice2001.

Author: oddbodd Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300552 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 16:12
Recommendations: 2
http://www.manchesterairport.co.uk/manweb.nsf/Content/LostOr...

It looks like AF use a company called GBS http://www.globalbaggagesolutions.com/ for baggage handling at MAN. They only provide an 0870 phone number, unfortunately.

There's an online tracker http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/af.htm but probably won't help much in your situation.

You could try phoning AF lost luggage number [0161 489 5172] and ask to be transferred to GBS, or for a non-premium rate number?

oddbodd

Author: dragnips Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300553 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 16:13
When you arrived at Manchester minus baggage, did you fill out a baggage claim form? If so, you should have been given a baggage file reference number which is used to trace your luggage using this website:

http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/ba.htm

I believe this site is common to most airlines (and looking on the Air France/KLM websites, they seem to use the same system). Two weeks ago I had my baggage delayed by BA/Finnair on arrival at Manchester - it was delivered 4 days later by van. I've also previously had delayed baggage delivered by parcel van and by private car.

Author: venice2001 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300554 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 16:26
"There's an online tracker http://www.worldtracer.aero/filedsp/af.htm but probably won't help much in your situation."

Thanks, that's useful (I wonder why they didn't put that URL on the letter they gave me at baggage handling) ...this is what it tells me... (which is more than air france would tell me)

Number of Bags in Delivery: 1 - COURIER SYSTEMS SAME DAY DELIVERY
Date Delivered: 20DEC

So I guess it's this company doing the delivery http://www.courier-systems.co.uk/logistics/baggage.php

I'm slightly concerned that it says 'delivered', as it certainly ain't here yet! But at least if it's a proper company they might have some form of tracking system.

Interestingly it says on that website that customers should be able to track where their luggage is whilst it's with them. Although I can't see from their website how I might actually do that.

- venice2001.

Author: CntrlAltDelete Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300555 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 16:47
It looks like AF use a company called GBS http://www.globalbaggagesolutions.com/ for baggage handling at MAN. They only provide an 0870 phone number, unfortunately.

Using 'say no to 0870' there are regular (Manchester) numbers quoted for GBS.

http://saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Rgds

CAD

Author: venice2001 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300558 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 16:59
Yippee! It's just arrived

:^)

- venice2001.

Author: Flure Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300560 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 17:01
Recommendations: 1
Well come on then - who brought it?

Author: venice2001 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300561 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 17:10
"Well come on then - who brought it?"

Unfortunately I didn't see the van... I legged it to the door without putting any shoes on, and I'm round the back of the building.

It was a proper delivery company though, as he needed me to sign a proper delivery sheet with loads of other deliveries listed on it for other people as well. (Sorry, didn't think to look at the name - but I presume it was the courier systems one mentioned previously).

- venice2001.

Author: LoroDue Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300563 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 17:17

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php gives three numbers for Global baggage solutions:
0161 498 3257
0161 498 3257
0161 498 3257

LoroDue

Author: venice2001 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300568 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 22/12/2009 17:41
Recommendations: 2
""Well come on then - who brought it?""

"Unfortunately I didn't see the van"

OK, call me dozy if you like, but just noticed they've put a great big 'Courier Systems' sticker over the airline baggage tag on my bag.

So, yes, it was these people http://www.courier-systems.co.uk/services/baggagerepatriatio... .

- venice2001.

Author: wookie1982 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300689 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 28/12/2009 11:33
Hi

I have just found this thread and hoping someone can help me as well.

I flew into Heathrow on the 17th DEC 2009 after a very long and crazy trip due to the weather (and AF's terrible customer service).

I have now been without my bag for 11 days. i used the tracker and have called AF multiple times to no avail. they tell me my bag has been located and i should be called by the couriers to deliver soon. it has been 4 days, granted i know it has been Xmas but i would think that as this was such a mess up they would make the effort to fix it no matter what time of year it was.

so my report says:

Number of Bags in Delivery: 1 - SDD - SAME DAY DELIVERIES
Date Delivered: 24DEC

does anyone know who may be delivering my bag so i can try and trace it with them directly???

Thank you for the help in advance

Author: easydriver Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 300701 of 385029
Subject: Re: Air France lost baggage delivery Date: 28/12/2009 15:29
Had a similar problem a couple of months back - but guess what I've shredded the paperwork.....

But from my phone bill it will be one of the following numbers:

0870 8501839
0844 4142348
020 8875 0461

One will be Air France, the other 2 the baggage handling company at Heathrow. Air France were fairly helpful - the handling company rather on the dozy side, but it turned up within a couple of days - damaged, for which I was eventually compensated.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (15) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread