UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: NotherHubbard Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12138  
Subject: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 15/08/2012 19:00
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
This thread for Fools to share their 600 calorie a day menus. Suggest most valuable if menus could give portion size and breakdown of calories.

As I said on the other thread, I am aiming for 25% of my "required" daily "need", so if I have a good workout I allow myself 700 KCal for the day

My Monday (an exercise day):

Breakfast (eaten at about 1000):

50g oats (200KCal) made into porridge with water topped with
50ml semi skimmed milk (30KCal)
100g fresh strawberries (30KCal)
25g golden syrup (75 KCal)

Total 335 KCal

Dinner:

Stir fried rice:

50g rice (175KCal)
Spray of oil (20KCal)
1 Egg (100KCal)
3 mushrooms (15KCal)
50g peas(25KCal)
50g tomatoes(15KCal)
20g Spring Onions(5KCal)
Thai curry sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce (20KCal)

Total 375KCal

Plus

Copious quantities of water
Several mugs of green tea

Total for day: 710KCal

Tuesday was going to be my second day this week, but meeting my niece (in town for the Festival) turned into a tour of some of Edinburgh's decent ale houses...sometimes you have to take a day off!

NH
Print the post Back To Top
Author: kodokan Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10367 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 15/08/2012 19:23
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Today I'm eating:

(all calories rounded to the nearest 5 for easy maths)

Breakfast - scrambled eggs

2 eggs, scrambled (140 cals - Sparkpeople is giving me 70 cals per egg rather than NH's 100, which is why I said on the other thread not to obsess about 10 cals here or there; it's all swallowed up in natural variations in measuring databases or food sizes!)
2 slices of turkey 'ham' (25 cals)
Tsp of butter (30 cals)
2 splashes of full fat milk, one in the eggs, one in coffee (40 cals)

Total 235 cals

Dinner - turkey chili

100g lean turkey mince (160 cals)
Half a tin of tomatoes (50 cals)
Chopped bell pepper (35 cals)
Half an onion (30 cals)
Spices (uncounted)
Big handful of broccoli (50 cals)

Total 325 cals

Lots of water, green tea, black coffee with cinnamon from breakfast onwards (I absentmindedly put milk in this morning's before remembering) perhaps a diet soda tonight. If I get really hungry later this evening (tea will be early, around 4.45/5pm, to fit in with daughter's karate class), I'm going to make hot chocolate with almond milk, cocoa and sweetener, for 40 cals.

Total for day: 565 (605 if I chuck in the hot chocolate).

Author: WessexMario Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10368 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 15/08/2012 20:02
Recommendations: 2
My menu today...

Breakfast: 2 weetabix with semi skimmed milk & 2 cups of tea. (190 KCal)

Lunch: One peach. (60 KCal)

5 cups of weak tea/coffee with semi-skimmed milk through the day (100 KCal)
one biscuit (20 KCal)

Dinner: Rice & Onion soup (serves a generous portion for 2 people)

One medium onion (50 KCal) dice and fry in a large pot with a drizzle of oil (10 KCal).
Boil a kettle full of water (1.5 litres?) and add to onion when browned,
Add...
100g rice, (130 KCal)
2 chopped mushrooms, (40 KCal)
100g froz. peas, (75 KCal)
2 teaspoons Bisto granules, (30 KCal)
2 teaspoons veg stock powder (35 KCal)
1/2 teaspoon Tomato Purée (15 KCal)
Salt & papper to taste.
Bring to boil & simmer for 15 mins

That gives you 4 big filling bowls of tasty soup for a total of 385 KCal.
My share - 2 bowls = 195 KCal

Total for day: 565 KCal

Author: TheCurryMonster Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10369 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 15/08/2012 21:00
Dust.

It's actually very low in fat. You can have as much dust as you like...

;-)

Author: NotherHubbard Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10370 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 15/08/2012 21:54
Recommendations: 0
While I agree with Kadokan that minor variations are fine (I always like to overestimate and know that 100KCal per egg is, er, overegging it a bit, it is nevertheless important to be close.

Unless I have my figures wildly out, I think that WM's Rice and Onion Soup has either ingredient quantity or calories wrong as I make 100g of rice somewhere in the region of 350KCal.

NH

Author: Jupiter111 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10371 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 15/08/2012 23:00
Just checked on MyfitnessPal and it comes up with 130 cals for white rice or 111 for brown per 100gs

J

Author: GarraGee Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10373 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 15/08/2012 23:50
OK, not sure about this yet, but:

Breakfast
2 x Shredded Wheat + 125ml skimmed milk 213

Lunch
2 poached eggs 140, plus
1 slice toast white bread (no butter) 132

Evening meal
Homemade Veg Soup 117

Quick check on myfitnesspal shows this lot as 602

I guess this needs minor modification, the figure for the toast suprised me. Also had 2/3 cups of tea with S/S milk.

Now into the free days and I haven't been dipping into the biscuit jar or the chocolates.

Onwards & upwards.

Good luck

GG

Author: WessexMario Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10375 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 16/08/2012 09:33
Hi NH,
you made me check my figures there,
but the proof is in the pudding,
or should I say, lack of it,
In the 2 weeks since I started, I've lost 3 Kg :-)))

Author: freelancer37 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10376 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 16/08/2012 09:54
I guess it may be the difference between 100g of cooked or raw rice.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_calories_in_100g_of_rice

Author: NotherHubbard Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10380 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 16/08/2012 10:46

Good start ;-))

Am intrigued by the wildly differing calorie counts for rice though - us your 100g cooked or raw? My basmati states 350 per 100g (raw)

NH

Author: GarraGee Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10381 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 16/08/2012 10:47
I guess it may be the difference between 100g of cooked or raw rice.

Thanks, I was wondering about that. So the original, posted by WessexMario, should say ??:

One medium onion (50 KCal) dice and fry in a large pot with a drizzle of oil (10 KCal).
Add...
100g rice COOKED, (130 KCal)
2 chopped mushrooms, (40 KCal)
Salt & papper to taste.

As I said, I'm new to all this, so it's a genuine query.

Cheers
GG

Author: SinBosun Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10383 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 16/08/2012 12:06
I'm definitely on the dust.

Beakfast:
1 bowl Lidl luxury muesli (289)
1 mug of coffee & skimmed milk (25)
Lunch:
1 pkt Ainsley Harriot Thai chicken and lemon grass soup (94)
2 slices dry ryvita (dust) (68)
Dinner:
1 boiled egg (68)
1 dry ryvita (35)
1 mug coffee (25)

Total 603

Can't say that I'm enjoying it, but it's very effective. Weight definitely down and the belt a notch in. Only just bought scales so I don't know how much I've lost.

Cycled in this morning and according to my cycle computer 2 hour cycle, 28 miles, 1398 calories which probably means I'm being a bit silly.

I'll give some of the other ideas a go next week.

Cheers

SB

Author: SteadyAim Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10384 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 16/08/2012 12:20

Wow, not sure if that's good or bad! Is 1.5 kg/week maybe a bit fast? I dunno, maybe it doesn't matter.

This is one reason I've been happy to go for something slightly less extreme. I'm trying the up-day/down-day idea, eating say 2000 calories (or more) on up-days and somewhere in 800-1000 area on down-days. I have been alternating days, but I'm expecting to generally be doing 3 down-days a week - I see this as broadly equivalent (but easier, for me anyway) to doing 2 harsher fast days a week. I'm down 2 or 3 pounds in the 2 weeks, so I'm happy with that - got under 25 on BMI at last this week. :-)

SA

Author: GarraGee Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10386 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 16/08/2012 14:50
I see this as broadly equivalent (but easier, for me anyway) to doing 2 harsher fast days a week. I'm down 2 or 3 pounds in the 2 weeks, so I'm happy with that - got under 25 on BMI at last this week. :-)

TBH, I haven't found the 600 days harsh, but this is the first week. Our next 2 '600' days are Monday and Tuesday next week, so we'll see.

Well done on your results so far, at the end of the day, it's obviously what suits each person.

Good luck everybody.

Cheers

GG

Author: WessexMario Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10388 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 17/08/2012 12:56
Have read the small print on my rice packet (white long grain) and it says 50g uncooked is 175 KCal.
I got my original figures off the net so yes, I probably misread cooked/uncooked.

Ok, that recipe did produce rather large portions of soup
so next week it'll be 50g of dry rice, and omit the mushrooms.

Dinner: Rice & Onion soup (serves 2)
Add...
50g rice, (175 KCal)
Salt & papper to taste.

total: 2 servings at 195 KCal per serving.

Author: kodokan Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10390 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 17/08/2012 17:12
fry in a large pot with a drizzle of oil (10 KCal).

Not wanting to pick holes in your lovely recipe again, WM, but my Sparkpeople database puts 10 cals of olive oil at quarter of a teaspoon, which is probably an unmeasurable amount. Even just a teaspoon is 40 cals, and it would be hard to use less to coat a large pot.

If it's a non-stick pan, you can just use water to 'fry' the onion. I did this the other day with my turkey chili, and honestly couldn't taste the difference by the end with all the spices (I also made a normal chili for the rest of the family, using oil, beans, etc, and taste tested to make sure I wasn't kidding myself). It actually worked rather well - the first splash of water cooked off which meant the onion started leaving a browned residue (not burnt, just brown), then when I added more water this deglazed into an oniony stock. That'd probably add extra flavour in your soup recipe.

Author: kodokan Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10391 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 17/08/2012 21:19
Today's menu:

Breakfast - Greek yogurt

175g Total full fat Greek yog (170 cals)

(This would've had a fresh peach chopped up in it for added interest, but the fruit bat children had eaten them all - I had the pear/jelly combo at lunch instead.)

Lunch - ham salad

6 slices thin sandwich ham (50 cals)
Cup of romaine lettuce (10 cals)
Cup of shredded cabbage (20 cals)
Half a red pepper (15 cals)
8 cherry tomatoes (25 cals)
2" of cucumber (10 cals)
Dressing of lime juice, finely chopped jalapeno peppers, salt and pepper (uncounted)

Serving of sugar free jelly (10 cals)
2 halves of tinned pear in juice, jauntily suspended in the jelly (70 cals)
Splash of full fat milk in coffee (20 cals)

(From here on in, I'm just going to call salad 80 cals; my salad's always a variation on the theme above depending on what's in the fridge and I can't physically eat a bowl bigger than that in one go.)

Dinner - turkey and veg

100g roast turkey breast (120 cals)
Big handful of broccoli (50 cals)

Total: 560 cals

Plenty of drinks as always; black coffee, green tea (this is really nice, isn't it? I found a brand with added mint, which works really well), water, probably a 'it's the weekend!' can of Coke Zero later. No almond milk hot chocolate this time, as I discovered it is in fact awful, regardless of how much I try to dress it up with cayenne pepper and cinnamon - might as well just have a 40 cal Options Hot Choc which is less effort and more tasty.

It's working, this system - I'm down about 1.5 pounds over the week so far, based on doing a proper 'down day' on Wednesday, and a sort of practice run on Monday where I ate 500-600 calories over the day... then celebrated by having a glass of wine and some ice cream in the evening.

Author: warren12 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10396 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 18/08/2012 16:51
Hi,

Is anyone able to give me a rough idea as to how many calls will be in a soup I made today,

300g broccoli
1 med potato
1 med Orion
3 sticks celery
1/2 orange pepper
Drop of olive oil to brown onions
800ml veg stock made with knorr stock pot

Will probably be able to make about 5/6 mugs of soup from this,

Cheers

Author: ahenry Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10397 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 18/08/2012 18:32
It really helps to have some digital scales when you work out things like this, as there is quite a lot of difference in the number of calories in a drop and a glug of olive oil. You don't have to weigh everything to the gram for every meal, but it helps to have a feel for where the calories are coming from.

Generally vegetables like carrots, brocolli and celery have next to no calories. Potatos have more, and the carbohydrates are evil in some diets. However, I much prefer the texture of soup with some starchy vegetables, and a little bit of potato goes a long way in a soup.

Assuming some weights for your veg, I make it 503 calories in your soup:

Weight                   Calories
300g broccoli 102
225g 1 med potato 194
225g 1 med Onion 80
120g 3 sticks celery 9
100g 1/2 orange pepper 18
10ml Drop of olive oil 80
100g knorr stock pot 120
700g water 0 :-)
===

One thing that I haven't considered is whether the weight is the cooked or raw weight, and whether the calorie counts are for the cooked or raw ingredients. Its probably not going to make a massive difference.

Author: warren12 Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10398 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 18/08/2012 20:00
Thanks ahenry,

I've never been on a diet or calorie counted before but I like the idea of the 5/2 plan.

My working week can be very unpredictable with late nights and early mornings and eating fast and fatty foods is sometimes just the easiest option,
I like the idea of bringing in a bit of balance with two days of eating very little but getting the right calorie values may cause me a bit of trouble!

Started today and up till now I've had a small yoghurt and banana for breakfast and a cup of soup about 5pm along with 3 or 4 cups black tea, feeling pretty hungry now but am just about to BBQ some chicken fillet and make a salad for dinner.

Probably squeezing more than 600 in to me but it's a start!

Thanks,

Author: freelancer37 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10399 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 18/08/2012 21:04
getting the right calorie values may cause me a bit of trouble!

You might find the food databases on something like myfitnesspal.com, fitday.com or cronometer.com useful. Even if you're not tracking your food daily you can just work out a few meals you use regularly and play around comparing them.

Author: kodokan Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10400 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 19/08/2012 06:52
As I mentioned above, I've been drinking green tea on my down days to pretend that I'm full, and have found it surprisingly tasty (I have a mint variation). But I also found out from a friend today that it could actually help weight loss/improve health:

http://www.wellnessresources.com/weight/articles/the_effects...

<goes to put kettle on, even though it's an up day>

Author: oldcharlie Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10402 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 19/08/2012 14:19
Love the 5/2 idea. I start out all right with a banana and then a small salad at lunch time. The trouble is that each 2 day becomes a 5 day around 7.00 pm!

Author: Runemage Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10405 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 19/08/2012 17:56
I think 5/2 is a great idea. I've cut out grains, bread, pasta, rice and potatoes for a few weeks but not noticed much difference to be honest, although I suspect the ch-word has a large part to play in that. The best part of 5/2 for me is that on a non-consecutive down day, all I need to tell myself when wanting something highly calorific and endorphin-inducing is that it's okay, I can have that tomorrow. Other systems don't incorporate that and I'm sure that's why a lot of people fail. If I thought I couldn't have any ch-word for the next few months I'd rather not bother to try it, but because I won't have any today and am able to have some tomorrow if I choose to, it seems to be so much easier and doesn't feel like deprivation.

As well as the other calorie counting sites suggested, this is one that will give a lot of info without you having to register. http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-spinach-i11457

If you want something sweet after your meal, I seem to have drifted into that bad habit, try a cup or two of green tea with jasmine, it seemed to kill off the ch-word craving for me. Don't forget, green tea and other herb teas need to be made with water at 85 degrees as opposed to boiling water which makes them taste bitter and likely kills off any beneficial effects. I'm going to treat myself to some of these shortly, http://jingtea.com/tea/type/flowering.

This is my first attempt at a veggie down day, hope I'm somewhere close. I got up really late so the day and hopefully hunger pangs will be shortened, until I get used to it. Chewing more than usual can apparently make you feel fuller, so I'll have a go at that as well. Today's plan is :-

Water am.
Lunchtime Small pot of green tea.
3pm, salad made from a handful each of lettuce, tomato, grapes, blueberries. 2 handfuls of spinach, ¼ tsp hemp oil, ½ tsp frozen basil, sprinkle of black pepper and powdered ginger. My best guess is about 250 cals for that.
Small pot of green tea with jasmine
5pm Hungry and I've had little protein so far today so had 6 pecan halves.
Evening meal around 8pm will be 2 eggs and 3 quorn sausages fried in a little olive oil maybe with a handful of spinach for garnish, I reckon that's +_ 400 calories. The plan is to feel full all evening til bedtime.

Rune

Author: NotherHubbard Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10406 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 19/08/2012 20:37
Today's intake:

Breakfast. Cut down my usual porridge to:

40g Oats (160)
100ml semi skimmed (55)
100g raspberries (50)

Total 265KCal

Dinner:

40g dry pasta (140)
5ml oil (45)
100g mushrooms (15)
50g peas (25)
50g roasted pepper(25)
50g tomatoes (15)
1 egg (75) (I'll happily use others' lower figure!)
10g parmesan (40)

Total 380 KCal

Total for the two meals 645KCal. Since I did a hard 20 mile cycle this afternoon, burning 1300 KCal according to my bike computer, content that I am slightly over the 600KCal "allowance". Slight problem is that, at 8:30PM I am slightly peckish. If pangs become too much, may have to nibble on a raw carrot (40KCal). Lesson is, perhaps, to add lots more veg and reduce the pasta - I could double the veg while halving the pasta, though nthis wouldn't leave very much pasta at all!

Have to say that, after the first couple of mouthfuls, I didn't miss my usual golden syrup in my porridge too much, so that's an easy 200KCal reduction on my fasting days, and the reduced portion wasn't too bad either.

NH

Author: WessexMario Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10408 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 20/08/2012 16:09
"Probably squeezing more than 600 in to me but it's a start!"
"goes to put kettle on, even though it's an up day"

I think these two statements while appearing to be opposites, actually together capture the essence of this diet.
The 5/2 diet changes your attitude to food, rather than just the quantity, you can still enjoy good food on the '5' days, you just don't need the larger portions, and that creeps in without you trying from the '2' days to the '5' days.
It does that successfully because even though it's "forever", the fast days are not, it's a small achievable step each week, rather than a long marathon without a break that if you didn't keep up would be much harder to be motivated to get back on track or try again. Not being constrained by rules on the '5' days, also means that you're much more likely to re-engage on the '2' days, so a small lapse is much less likely to impact the long term progress and benefits.

Kudokan,
it was only a tiny touch of oil I used, not even coating a quarter of the bottom of the pot, the intention was to initially caramelise the onion rather than just boil it in the soup to get the flavour as you suggest but using a ordinary steel pot I wasn't sure if it would catch using no oil at all. I'll try your tip using a bit of water next time. Zero calorie water must be worth a try :-))

Author: kodokan Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10410 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 20/08/2012 17:35
Today's menu:

Breakfast - scrambled eggs

2 eggs, scrambled (140 cals)
Tsp of butter (30 cals)
2 splash of full fat milk (20 cals)

Total: 190 cals

Lunch - ham salad

6 slices of very thin sandwich ham (50 cals)
Big bowl of salad stuff (80 cals)

Total: 130 cals

Dinner - Tomato and Lentil Soup

100g dry red lentils (350 cals)
Large (794g) tin of tomatoes (175 cals - mine also had basil in, so plain ones might be different)
1 carrot (40 cals)
2 sticks of celery (20 cals)
Bunch of spring onions (30 cals - because they needed using up; a small-medium normal onion is obviously fine)
1 carton shop-bought veg stock (30 cals)
Seasonings (20 cals - squeeze of garlic puree, juice of half a lime, black pepper, cumin, paprika, Italian herb mix)

Total: 635 cals

This makes enough soup for 3 hefty portions, and the protein from the lentils makes it very filling. One portion would therefore be 212 cals. I plan on saving one portion for a down day on Wednesday, and splitting the other between the kids as a starter for their dinner tonight (just to show how this plan fits into family life - I found low carbing, for example, brilliant for me in terms of weight loss/ taste, but it rapidly became a chore to work around everyone else's meals, every day).

Daily total: 502

I'm aiming for 500-600, so have spare calories for a small snack like an apple or some cottage cheese if I get peckish at any point.

Author: Runemage Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Favorite Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10430 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 21/08/2012 21:41
Something different to include on a down day

"All of VT’s delicious low-calorie vegetarian entrées have fewer than 400 calories, while our appetizers, salads, side dishes, and desserts all clock in at fewer than 225 calories per serving."

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/low-cal/

Rune

Author: eukalyptus Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 10438 of 12138
Subject: Re: 600 Calories a Day - Menus Date: 23/08/2012 08:55
OK, it's my first day today and here is what I have planned:

Breakfast

1 boiled egg 80
handful of raw spinach 20

Lunch

Small tin tuna in spring water 85
Half small tin chickpeas 60
Salad leaves/raw spinach 20
Beetroot 10
One tomato 25
Half teaspoon olive oil 60
Jelly 10

Dinner

Smoked haddock 100
Cauliflower 20
Broccoli 20
Plain soya yogurt 100g 50

To drink: black coffee, water, green tea

I make that about 560 calories.
I'll also be doing a big gym session this evening.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (29) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread